MF Doom - Born Into This

Guest AOOproductions

Just listened to OD again. Damn where those beats fresh when they came out. DOOM really was ahead of his time when it came to lacing beats. He really changed the underground scene completely. I miss bangin tracks like Hey! and Red and Gold. This CD's beats are good...MM FOOD was the last album with the classic Doom sound i think we'll ever get.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a complicated too, like I know his son passed away a few years ago, and I think he's been deported from Mericuh, which I imagine would slow any MFer down a bit. In case anyone missed

bump bc doom is the best

I mean, I don’t listen to him on the regular or anything, but nothing ever made me think, “Why is DOOM wasting time on this MC.” He’s solid, not amazing. I probably should have expanded on that.

Guest Stoppit

Listening to the new album again, love this line from Cellz:

'Crime pays no dental, nor medical

unless you catch retirement; county, state or federal'

Guest nene multiple assgasms

this album seems darker than the previous ones. more sort of "message" tracks if you wanna call 'em that. still plenty of lulz, though.

• 2 years later...

so they finally came out with that metal box Doomsday rerelease a while ago.. i didn't pick it up, but when i came home i dug out my Operation doomsday and yeh that's still some great stuff. love "?" (subroc) and the title track.

Edited by iep

The "tough actin' Tinactin" line is my favorite. Really digging doom this the first Ive listened to him, I'm embarrassed to say what should I get next ? Madvillainy? I downloaded Special Herbs volume 1 to get a taste of his instrumental and it's pretty good. Suggestions?

Madvillainy, Operation: Doomsday, or MM.. Food

• 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On 6/11/2020 at 8:55 AM, thumbass said:

bump bc doom is the best

Miss DOOM.  Not sure why he's wasting so much time and effort on this Bishop Nehru fellow.  

9 hours ago, lyst said:

Miss DOOM.  Not sure why he's wasting so much time and effort on this Bishop Nehru fellow.  

he released doom x czarface in 2018 so hes still p active but there is a severe lack of solo projects

15 hours ago, lyst said:

Because Bishop Nehru is dope imo.

10 hours ago, NVious said:

Because Bishop Nehru is dope imo.

I've never met anyone that actually likes that kid....  

What in particular do you like about him?  I'm intrigued.

I just spent two days listening to his tracks on his Soundcloud trying to grasp at something, but came up with nothing.

This track in particular 

Sounds like 1 million other rappers trying to rap right now.  

16 hours ago, thumbass said:

he released doom x czarface in 2018 so hes still p active but there is a severe lack of solo projects

I think it's a complicated too, like I know his son passed away a few years ago, and I think he's been deported from Mericuh, which I imagine would slow any MFer down a bit.

In case anyone missed he did this mix for Solid Steel in '16 as King Geedorah, nice set of classics from all aliases, worth the free download and then some:

http://solidsteel.net/broadcasts/1040

• Like 2
3 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

I think it's a complicated too, like I know his son passed away a few years ago, and I think he's been deported from Mericuh, which I imagine would slow any MFer down a bit.

In case anyone missed he did this mix for Solid Steel in '16 as King Geedorah, nice set of classics from all aliases, worth the free download and then some:

http://solidsteel.net/broadcasts/1040

why tf did he get banned again?

13 hours ago, lyst said:

I've never met anyone that actually likes that kid....  

What in particular do you like about him?  I'm intrigued.

I just spent two days listening to his tracks on his Soundcloud trying to grasp at something, but came up with nothing.

This track in particular 

Sounds like 1 million other rappers trying to rap right now.  

I mean, I don’t listen to him on the regular or anything, but nothing ever made me think, “Why is DOOM wasting time on this MC.” He’s solid, not amazing. I probably should have expanded on that.

And in all honesty, with all the blindingly good hip hop that’s been coming out the past two years, I haven’t really been waiting for a DOOM project. I’m already well fed at the moment. A second Madvillain would be brilliant though, but I’m not holding my breath.

Edited by NVious
  • Like 1