Guest blakeboogie

You can't deny the cleverness of his lyrics yo. Maybe he just doesn't like his flow?

Yes, that was his primary turn-off. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the first nor last casual hip-hop listener to recommend him listen to Doom.

i pretty much dig all of the stuff he did, big DOOM buff here.

but his vik vaughn stuff stands way out for me.

it's like he channeled Kool Keith with the sci-fi vibe and then proceeded to pour sticky DOOM-juice all over it.

I'm just gonna start posting quotes here:

Seal the deal, with the shaking of a hand.

Peoples catchin feelings like its Making of the Band.

Villain, have your fake man, quaking in his Vans, when he do a jam, fans breakdancin in the stands.

There are more MF DOOM/Jandek mash-ups on Youtube than one would expect

Well actually there's only three from two accounts but that's more than I was expecting

You know, that is exactly how many I'd expect to find.

But really, sometimes I think of absurd juxtapositions and google them, because and more and more often I'll see someone else conceptualized the same thing.

1. Madvillainy

2. Operation: Doomsday

3. MM... Food

4. Born Like This

5. Dangerdoom

I need to give Born Like This a revisit though, and I've been meaning to hear Vaudville Villain... Dangerdoom I'd probably rank higher if it weren't for all the Adult Swim tie-in's that I think are kinda distracting and detract from the album

Guest AcrossCanyons

I used to be way into DOOM. I still return to his occasionally, mainly to MM...FOOD, Madvillainy or Vaudeville Villain. He is amazing but I really burnt myself out a few years back.

1. Madvillainy

3. MM... Food

4. Born Like This

5. Dangerdoom

I need to give Born Like This a revisit though, and I've been meaning to hear Vaudville Villain... Dangerdoom I'd probably rank higher if it weren't for all the Adult Swim tie-in's that I think are kinda distracting and detract from the album

Make room near the top of that list for Vaudeville Villain. Might be his best work as an MC.

surprisingly little love for venomous villain, that one's worth it for the Kool Keith collab track alone

That one track doesn't save such a half-assed album.

Edited by Jur

1. Madvillainy

3. MM... Food

4. Born Like This

5. Dangerdoom

Make room near the top of that list for Vaudeville Villain. Might be his best work as an MC.

For reals. So many classic tracks.

I like so much of the album but these two tracks back to back

yes that Apani track is cute love story, and raedawn is IDM/autechry as fck

Well, it is a b-sides collection from Vaudeville Villain.

nah, disagreed. it's not as huge as VV1 but i wouldn't say it's half-assed of a collection of b-sides. tracks like back end, ode to road rage, the keith-collab...