IGNORED

MF Doom - Born Into This

takeshi

Guest Stoppit

Free exclusive goodies with every pre-ordered copy through the Lex shop.

I pre-ordered this a couple of weeks back...I'm hoping for a bonus CD, large poster, t-shirt, action figure and full sized DOOM-mask

..but I'm expecting a sticker.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard it a couple of times, it was really nice. It probably doesn't top VV1, OP:D or Madvillain, but overall, it's a nice album.

7.8/10

Best tracks:

Gazzillion Ear

Yessir!

Still Dope

Absolutely

Cellz

Free exclusive goodies with every pre-ordered copy through the Lex shop.

I pre-ordered this a couple of weeks back...I'm hoping for a bonus CD, large poster, t-shirt, action figure and full sized DOOM-mask

..but I'm expecting a sticker.

Lol

I preordered a couple of days ago after hearing the leak. I is poor college student, so I'm hoping for something good.

Guest Glass Plate

yeah some times it just doesn't sound as perfect, but this album is still pretty great.

I feel like That's That should be on that list too.

Guest Stoppit

CD just arrived, I avoided listening to the album before; the only tracks I'd heard were Cellz, Ballskin and That's That.

Only halfway through, but I'm definitely liking it so far, Gazzillion Ear is great

If anyone's interested, the freebies I got were:

Shape of Broad Minds mix CD

2 cutout Doom-masks (one Dangerdoom one, and one with the Born Like This artwork)

a page of Neon Neon stickers

do really like this but not sure if its up there with his older stuff, tho will prob grow on me as only heard it twice all the way through.. and alsoThink his voice is mixed a little odd, sounds too loud and sounds messy in the mix imo. again might just take a bit of getting used to tho & doom still got the mad flow (ohh that rhymed maybe I should be a rapper 2!! ;)

btw I really like that Shape of Broad minds album sampler thingy, may have to check the album out

Guest Glass Plate

No I definitely agree on how his vocals do seem mixed a little weird, like it almost sounds like it's clipping some times.

Guest Glass Plate

yeah when I had head the youtube etc. I thought it was like a unmastered beta version since it was out early... but when I heard it on the real thing I was almost confused, oh well..

alsoThink his voice is mixed a little odd, sounds too loud and sounds messy in the mix imo.

i noticed this from the YouTubez as WELL and was hoping the CD was mixed a little better. damn, bum out.

CD just arrived, I avoided listening to the album before; the only tracks I'd heard were Cellz, Ballskin and That's That.

Only halfway through, but I'm definitely liking it so far, Gazzillion Ear is great

If anyone's interested, the freebies I got were:

Shape of Broad Minds mix CD

2 cutout Doom-masks (one Dangerdoom one, and one with the Born Like This artwork)

a page of Neon Neon stickers

Sounds nice man, can't wait to hear that mix CD.

Just got it in the mail yesterday. For some reason, I like it even more than when I heard the leak. It's a good album; doesn't top Madvillain or Operation: Doomsday, but easily blows VV2, just passes Dangerdoom, and gives MM FOOD a run for its money.

8/10

Really good album. :angry:

Guest AOOproductions

this is growing on me, I think just as good as MM.. FOOD, and better than the Dangermouse collab. It's no operation Doomsday though, or his Madlib Collab.

yeah has really grown on me to, was listening to it in the car last night and this morning and clicked with me and now really like it. Agree with it being better than dangerdoom, thought that was one of the weakest things he has done. and yeah think it may be better than mmm...food. Still think the vocals could have been mixed much better tho, but gives it a raw feel which I guess aint all bad.

Anyone else here like Batty Boyz? The lyrics are silly as shit and the track name is a bit...fucked up. But I really dug it. I never though I'd hear a hip-hop song discussing gay superheroes, especially in ironic seemingly anti-homophobic manner, and the beat is pretty good. I'd go as far to say it's one of the reasons I dug this album so much, it's leftfield even by MF Doom standards.

Guest blicero
Anyone else here like Batty Boyz? The lyrics are silly as shit and the track name is a bit...fucked up. But I really dug it. I never though I'd hear a hip-hop song discussing gay superheroes, especially in ironic seemingly anti-homophobic manner, and the beat is pretty good. I'd go as far to say it's one of the reasons I dug this album so much, it's leftfield even by MF Doom standards.

i can't tell if it's homophobic or ironic.

Guest philia

the lyrics for batty boys are just horrible. ironic or not, its definitely in poor taste. and considering he admitted voting for mccain... well... i wouldn't be suprised if he was secretly some super ultraconservative (not saying he is, just wouldnt be surprised!).:rolleyes:

his recent interview at rollingstone i think really just makes it seem like he's a jerk. the bogus live shows with fake doom lipsyncing? yea well, he's okay with that since now he's being offered more money for shows. what a joke....

:getlost:

dont think batty boyz is homophobic & despite the slightly dodgy subject matter its a top tune and one of my favs on the album. Really loving this album now has grown on me loads since i first heard it

Archived