IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

searing is all about that maillard. Nice caramelization and crust ftw.

edit: sorry I think we're saying the same thing caze.

as long as you're not saying that searing leads to juicy steaks we're good

NOTSUREIF.jpg

lol I said it earlier but I know it's not true. You're right.

mmm... 

Definitely on pork tenderloin. Haven't tried it with beef and I don't really like lamb. Ok I'm going to do steak back to back this weekend, once each way lol. Once with this rub (https://silkroadspices.ca/products/old-chicago-steak-spice) and once with some thyme/garlic butter. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

This time around I marinated the steak with a little balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, touch of honey and some salt. I only rub steaks if I’m blackening in a cast iron.

Dry rub in ribs is a different story altogether.

I honestly have never marinated a high quality steak, I'm probably missing out. 

We do most of our steaks in cast iron here. Always a nice crust that way. 

Happy merry christmas etc btw. Hope you all had a good'er.

I honestly have never marinated a high quality steak, I'm probably missing out.

We do most of our steaks in cast iron here. Always a nice crust that way.

Happy merry christmas etc btw. Hope you all had a good'er.

Usually don’t but thought I’d try something different this time round. Don’t need much, as the marinade is to enhance the flavour of the steak, not overpower it.

Usually just salt and pepper then brush with olive oil and grill on medium to medium-high heat. I only do cast iron when I’m blackening with like a Cajun rub or similar. Was interesting grilling outdoors as it was like -15 or so. Meat stopped cooking basically instantly once removed from heat.

Trying to use up mini naan I've had in my fridge for about the past week. So for breakfast I just toasted a piece and then sauteed onion and fried two eggs, topping it with pickled curry kelp I got in my Christmas stocking. It was decent, but would've been slightly less messy if I'd had it sandwiched.

Tonight's menu - stir fried balsamic glaze, topped with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, with liquid nitrogen frozen gastro balsamic glaze pellets. All seasoned with a blend of balsamic glazes. For dessert, balsamic glaze flavoured frozen balsamic glaze pie in a balsamic glaze crust. 

To pair with this delightfully glazed dinner menu, a cocktail of balsamic glaze, with a nice garnish of the lid from the now empty balsamic glaze bottle.

bon appetit 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

steel cut oats, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, real maple syrup

yesterday I had Mackerel, brown rice and feta cheese

day before that ribs and Mangú

all heavily seasoned of course, minus the oatmeal

Just whatever I have, Rani Garam Masala, vinegar, tomato sauce, pepper, bay leaves, oregano. I cook it with onions, caramelized if I wanna be fancy. I add Spinach and yogurt at the end. It's just a mush bowl but I like the taste.

mineral water and milk thistle

(to prepare the liver before the barbaric onslaught of savage liquor that it will be facing!)

(actually it won't be that bad, bottle of wine and a few beers is about it)

what's a Buckfast high like? is it like 4loco but better tasting? I'd like to try it but probably needs to be imported, unless I can find it at a distributor. Would like an IPA, but probably going to sip some wine or stuff my face with Pernil and carbs for the new year

Not sure the laws there, but in Canada at least I think it's illegal to have alcoholic beverages with caffeine in them. I think 4loko USED to have caffeine, and rockstar had their coolers with caffeine in them. But a few years later regulators stepped in and said nope. No caffeine in pre-mixed alcoholic drinks.

Doesn't mean I can't crush up one of these caffeine pills into one though lol.