IGNORED

i'm worried about the economy

Alzado

i wish i could quit my job. hey betty let's start a recording studio lol

Cooool! Is a business viable if you are your only client?

it is if we say it is!

if art were a currency we'd be millionaires

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there were some layoffs in the past few months at my job... i was almost one of them, but my boss talked corporate into keeping me since i know everyone's roll in the office and can back them up in case of vacations or off days.

BUT... we're in danger of lossing one of our biggest clients, that would be disasterous to the company, and probably more layoffs would ensue!

Guest Tamas

My job doesn't pay great, but I feel rather lucky as an economic recession is a time when we get even more work. We do outsourced video game testing, and since it's cheaper than in house testing, we will only get more clients as time goes on. Lol we're even hiring people now and I've been working 31 days straight.

I'm just hoping they keep making video games no matter how bad it gets heh.

Guest Franklin

ya. my paychecks come from insurance companies... which are not doing too hot these days. One of the companies I work for is headed for bankruptcy in the very near future.

This means I'm starting my own company and having to take all the financial risk myself---especially distressing b/c most companies that would be funding my treatment plans are making payments after 60-90 days. i.e. I won't see any money for at least 2 months after I start.

i'm frightened.

i quit the trucking thing this year, and it took me about 30 seconds to find a new job.

i guess it just depends on where you are, texas seems to be the least affected

I picked a good time to go back to school.

hope i don't have to take out student loans.

what, you studying in s.korea? what you taking? i'm thinking about spending Y100000 a month for full-on japanese study full-time.

ya. my paychecks come from insurance companies... which are not doing too hot these days. One of the companies I work for is headed for bankruptcy in the very near future.

This means I'm starting my own company and having to take all the financial risk myself---especially distressing b/c most companies that would be funding my treatment plans are making payments after 60-90 days. i.e. I won't see any money for at least 2 months after I start.

i'm frightened.

thats why they are charging me so much

motherfuckers

jobs I want are hard to get, luckily I've got a way to pay the bills and my lifestyle isn't very expensive.

Language like that guarantees that you're dealing drugs ;)

same fucking idea

lol first time xxx i agree with you

i quit the trucking thing this year, and it took me about 30 seconds to find a new job.

What are you doing now, Beneboi?

oh, nice move.

Guest my usernames always really suck

I'm going to have to move back in with my parents because rent is ridiculously high without an income.

God damn it.

oh, nice move.

I assume you're responding to Bene's post?

I encourage people to watch this very relevant documentary:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla...na&Itemid=3

Guest David R James

The zeitgeist documentary is excellent and does give you a shed load of info to make your mind up about the worlds financal system, but unfortunatly it doesnt help the situation for people who have lost there jobs, losing their homes etc etc and wont be able to do shit about it, regardless of the fraud of the economy.

Its like the tax system, there is no where legally written down that anyone has to pay tax, we just do. There is a documetary about that some where but i cant remember the name.

The zeitgeist documentary is excellent and does give you a shed load of info to make your mind up about the worlds financal system, but unfortunatly it doesnt help the situation for people who have lost there jobs, losing their homes etc etc and wont be able to do shit about it, regardless of the fraud of the economy.

I understand your concern, I look at it as new information and awareness regarding how this current monetary system works. There is a movement aimed at creating awareness of the ideas which both the Venus Project http://www.thevenusproject.com and Zeitgeist http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla...7&Itemid=50 promote. You'll find a forum of like minded people putting many things into action on a local level here: http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla...na&Itemid=3

A presentation event in NY on March 15th 2009 will be underway where Peter Joseph (producer of the Zeitgeist documentaries) and Jacque Fresco (Venus Project) will hold dicussions with an audience of approx 1000 people + Q and A session.

Archived