IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mr Salads

yeah, so I watched Tron for the 1st time in 15 years last night, and it was fucking incredible. I think I like it better now as an adult than I did as a kid, as there were little things I missed back in the day.

I need to see Tron

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod

harry potter and the half blood prince 6/10

i haven't read any of the books or seen any of the movies so i had no idea what was going on. i can kind of see the appeal of this, to children, but the sales line i always get is "it's not as bad as you think" or "it gets real dark later on" which hardly seems like a pitch you want to make. and it isn't as bad as i thought, it's just really fucking mediocre. i have a feeling the first movie is full of baby shit though and i can't imagine sitting through a game of quidditch or whatever it's called. also what is the infatuation with hermione? i get creeped out by the whole idea but if you're going to be into someone who is underage at least have her be remotely fuckable. she just looks like a guy with small tits.

Guest Gary C

Saturday Night Fever - 7/10

Travolta's solo-dance is still absolutely mesmerising. The whole film may suffer from a lack of plot, dialogue and competent ending, but the soundtrack and dance-scenes are amazing.

Guest Mr Salads

i haven't read any of the books or seen any of the movies so i had no idea what was going on. i can kind of see the appeal of this, to children, but the sales line i always get is "it's not as bad as you think" or "it gets real dark later on" which hardly seems like a pitch you want to make. and it isn't as bad as i thought, it's just really fucking mediocre. i have a feeling the first movie is full of baby shit though and i can't imagine sitting through a game of quidditch or whatever it's called. also what is the infatuation with hermione? i get creeped out by the whole idea but if you're going to be into someone who is underage at least have her be remotely fuckable. she just looks like a guy with small tits.

Is this the 5th? I saw the one before the last one, and really enjoyed it. Directed by that Curoun guy

Guest zaphod

this is the sixth. i might watch that one because i think i caught the weakest of the series. but i dunno, there doesn't seem to be much that appeals to me. i think i caught this at the wrong time in my life.

Guest bitroast

watched alien for first time on monday and it was good.

tried watching the first cheech and chong yesterday and i couldn't do it. i also need to watch tron. i plan on watching mind game soon too!

Guest zaphod

i also watched the lost boys 2, which sucked. like 2/10 on that one. should have just remade the first movie. or done a sequel using the same cast as the first one. fat middle aged vampires trying to pick up underage chicks. still wearing eighties outfits, still listening to hair bands. which got me thinking, they should make a sequel to the goonies with the old cast, all grown up. dealing with divorces and shit. they come together when chunk has a heart attack in a cumstained peep show booth. no one has seen each other in years, there's loads of sexual tension. sort of like watchmen. tagline could be "sometimes goonies die". i'd watch that.

Guest analogue wings

i also watched the lost boys 2, which sucked. like 2/10 on that one. should have just remade the first movie. or done a sequel using the same cast as the first one. fat middle aged vampires trying to pick up underage chicks. still wearing eighties outfits, still listening to hair bands. which got me thinking, they should make a sequel to the goonies with the old cast, all grown up. dealing with divorces and shit. they come together when chunk has a heart attack in a cumstained peep show booth. no one has seen each other in years, there's loads of sexual tension. sort of like watchmen. tagline could be "sometimes goonies die". i'd watch that.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=9676

Guest zaphod

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=9676

that article is eight years old. don't crush my dreams.

Guest Mr Salads

what was the reunion of the coreys like

dissapointing and sad right

Guest zaphod

it was just kind of embarrassing. i watched their reality show where they were fighting with each other and trying to get this thing on the road and it's like, that's it? all that for this piece of shit?

Guest olson

also excuse the double post but wtf nig she's legal now (well, not for me) and also super hot. you crazy

oh wait i didnt just post in this thread? nvm then DON'T excuse the double post.

also excuse the double post but wtf nig she's legal now (well, not for me) and also super hot. you crazy

oh wait i didnt just post in this thread? nvm then DON'T excuse the double post.

Guest Ominous

Machuca: great movie about friendship and social dynamics in Latin America just as I remember them during my childhood. Its setting is kind of unique as well, Chile during the days of Allende. 10/10

amerique-latine-machuca-affiche-chile.jpg.

Guest futuregirlfriend

the sword and the sorcerer. could of been alright if they'd taken it a little more seriously, it'd still be way off conan though. some shocking dialog, campy acting and a fair bit of homosexual tension as it went on but some pretty ok effects and make-up which won me over. there were a few moments at the beginning where i thought it might backflip into a full-on jesus flick.

2.jpg

3.jpg

i have a few more screen captures here which i won't fart all over the thread.

Soultaker - 5/10. Don't get me wrong, this movie is completely awful, but it was entertainingly so, featuring Martin Sheen's brother Joe Estevez and Robert Z'Dar, one of the weirdest looking guys you'll ever see.

Z%27Dar.jpgJoe_estevez.jpg

Ghoulies 2 - 3/10. A few points for the budget carnival setting and overall cheese (a dwarf with a fake british accent, and red-eyed drunken Royal Dano, who some of you may know from other quality fair like Killer Clowns from Outer Space and Spaced Invaders, he was also Judge Sternwood on Twin Peaks) but otherwise hard to watch.

FinderScreenSnapz005.jpg

I watched Synecdoche New York (again!) last night and I still absolutely love that movie. It's weird how you can love something that you don't understand... ah - the wonders of movies.

Archived