IGNORED

The Last Airbender

Squee

I quite enjoyed the show and hope that it translates well into live action movie. At the very least this will look good.

God damnit! M. Night Shyamalan has again tricked me into going to see another one of his movies.

Wait. I don't understand. How can Shamylandalongalan make this movie when James Cameron is making it? Did he just do the teaser trailer?

Guest hahathhat

a friend of mine met shyamalan in a book store in new york and he was a jerk. signs was fail. this is all the opinion i got

p.s. adjective your avatar rocks

Guest nene multiple assgasms

is this that kid that fred mcgriff farted on in the grocery store and the radioactive fart gave him super fart summoning powers and now he's gonna get his revenge on fred?

Guest analogue wings

somebody please explain to filmmakers that putting LOTS OF STUFF on screen was impressive in the olden days because some poor fucker had to actually build LOTS OF STUFF.

nowadays it means jack shit. everyone knows its fake. nobody gives a fuck about how many times your animators can copy/paste a boat/tank/robot/orc/whatever

somebody please explain to filmmakers that putting LOTS OF STUFF on screen was impressive in the olden days because some poor fucker had to actually build LOTS OF STUFF.

nowadays it means jack shit. everyone knows its fake. nobody gives a fuck about how many times your animators can copy/paste a boat/tank/robot/orc/whatever

i think the problem goes deeper, somehow the more real vfx get, the more they alienate us from ourselves (not sure if this is covered by uncanny valley or not). It's like breast implants - you want them visually but end up being disgusted by them; they turn your own desires against you, much as advertising does. Similarly you want vfx to be believable because you need the endorphin/adrenaline rush, yet the fakeness nags at you and makes you vaguely disgusted with things.

I don't think people really stopped to think how long it took them to make models in the early days of VFX, but the novelty has certainly worn off and the threshold needed to achieve eyegasm keeps rising. I really don't know what we humans are going to be doing to stimulate ourselves 50 yrs from now...

Archived