IGNORED

RDJ Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest AlexPallas

Guest AlexPallas
;)

just to note the link to 2003-02-28 - Norway-Oslo - Blå

didn't work when I clicked it but the file is there with a slightly different filename.. ;) (prob with the å)

:aphexsign:

i've had a few people tell me links dont work but when i check them they're fine. usually you just have to try again later and it works, but let me know if you have any problems, i like keeping this download section in top shape. if you feel like sending me you're flac that would be cool, i only have mp3s up because thats all i've gotten so far.

mcgriff: alot of the dates, places have been miscommunicated but i have to assume they're right until someone with more knowledge can tell me when/where they have taken place.

download the Norway show, it is way rad

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest keirondrk

:)

well i've got a bit better quality version of the orbit show... higher bitrate...

1997-07-13 - Norway-Kristiansand - Quartfestivalen from what I can find out was a 96 show..

and it's that show I have a flac version of, it apparently is direct from a cassette to wav and flac...

on my quick test didn't really sound very different from the mp3's but I will check it out a bit more later on..

I think the mp3's were made from this recording.

Just trying to get to grips with all the shows :) and get a nice library organized and get playyingggg :)

I have this Aphex Twin - Stereophile (Hearts of Space) - 1999-08-09 which seems to be some kind of tribute to him and

selected ambient from what I can hear on quick listen... (can't decide if to keep or not)

copies of the peel sessions which have different track titles.. which has confused the hell out of me :)

either different track and different orders..

your work is greatly aprechiated..... !!!!

I will keep looking into these files I have and any others I get.. may have another set odd not listed not sure yet..

just downloading some mpegs of some of the videos ventolin, donkey :)....

oh yea, on the file download issue I had, I tried a few times wouldn't work but it was only that file that wouldn't download

I just trimmed the name off and pressed enter and it showed the list of files on the server and there it was

clicked and downloaded no problems..

which led me to believe it was todo with that strange character set and not being supported in the filename...

Guest AlexPallas
copies of the peel sessions which have different track titles.. which has confused the hell out of me :)

either different track and different orders..

i used the track names that were provided on the John Peel website. they are different from the official names of the tracks (almost definately mistakenly) but i'm keeping them how they were broadcasted. also alot of people on the p2p programs are replacing the broadcasted versions (which are exclusive) with the released versions which is really screwing me up from getting the complete first peel session as the braodcasted versions are different than the released versions.

i'll look into the Norway show, it might just be screwing up for anyone without ruby text installed on their browser (as most people do not). and feel free to browse the server index lol. but everythings up already.

Guest AlexPallas

i was sent the following image, i'm curious if anyone knows anything about it, is it a session, performance...?

2002-07-20 - UK-London - 3 Mills Film Studios- image

Guest bitroast

there was also a show in melbourne, australia 2004. it wasnt at big day out and im pretty sure it wasnt with luke vibert, and theres mp3s of it about.

Guest aphelion

yup, the big day out was only at "gold coast"

all other gigs in australia/newzealand 2004

are not related to big day out.

As far as I know, luke vibert toured oz with rich

as a support act 2004

(LV was definitely at sydney metro anyway)

by the way, if anyone has the sydney 2004 gig on video/audio

that would be great to get hold of (was a blinding set) :beer:

Couple of things....

1. I believe RDJ played an ambient set in Dublin in 1999 in the Olympia Theatre. I was there but on mushies and this needs to be confirmed! (i remember half my gang leaving as it was too ambient and they were pilling)

2. I have Rephlex Disco Assault in Rome 2002 audio mp3 first 104mins (incomplete)

3. I also have squarepusher @ HMS complete at 1.45 mins mp3 but not great quality - the squeaky toy session.

4. Squarepusher @ Coachella 2001 full audio mp3

5. Squarepusher @ Rome 2003 - good quality but incomplete at 41.46 mins (love to get the rest!)

Do you want any of these Alex? How? I can do it tomorrow..sunday.. Sydney time

edit:

i also have both one-world rephlex showcase radio shows - one on min idisc that i'll have to transfer

+

you should list rdj vs luke vibert at warp party, ocean rooms hackney 2003 - no mp3 i'm afraid. it was a killer gig

Guest aphexvancouver

more dates from 1997

The Organic Festival, Los Angeles-September 20-1997

Seattle, Washington-September 24-1997

Vancouver, British Columbia-The Rage/Plaza of Nations-September 25-1997

almost all of the shows from 2004 onward do not sound like live sets, they sound like vinyl record DJ sets. Is there a way someone could maybe identify which ones are Aphex's music only, and which ones he's djing other peoples tunes mixed in with his own? Also it might be useful to add which ones are audience recordings and which ones are direct board.

Guest AlexPallas
almost all of the shows from 2004 onward do not sound like live sets, they sound like vinyl record DJ sets. Is there a way someone could maybe identify which ones are Aphex's music only, and which ones he's djing other peoples tunes mixed in with his own?

this is a very useful idea, it would be great if people could help me identify some of the foreign (non-rdj) songs on some of these sets, then i could add the data into the mp3s 'comment' section, which would allow you to see all the information about a sets tracklisting, et cetera

Also it might be useful to add which ones are audience recordings and which ones are direct board.

this can be hard to tell (especially because of multiple reformatting). this is something i have been considering tagging on just for the hell of it. anyone that wants to rate the sets (based on quality of the recording NOT how much you liked the set) will have the info added. now the question is what we should go with an 'A+,A,A-, B+,B,B-,C+,C... rating or a 1-10 scale or something else? i think the A-F system is usually used for this purpose.

almost all of the shows from 2004 onward do not sound like live sets, they sound like vinyl record DJ sets. Is there a way someone could maybe identify which ones are Aphex's music only, and which ones he's djing other peoples tunes mixed in with his own?

this is a very useful idea, it would be great if people could help me identify some of the foreign (non-rdj) songs on some of these sets, then i could add the data into the mp3s 'comment' section, which would allow you to see all the information about a sets tracklisting, et cetera

Also it might be useful to add which ones are audience recordings and which ones are direct board.
this can be hard to tell (especially because of multiple reformatting). this is something i have been considering tagging on just for the hell of it. anyone that wants to rate the sets (based on quality of the recording NOT how much you liked the set) will have the info added. now the question is what we should go with an 'A+,A,A-, B+,B,B-,C+,C... rating or a 1-10 scale or something else? i think the A-F system is usually used for this purpose.

one thing im a little confused about is do people bill Aphex as a "live performer" recently just to sell tickets when in fact he is sometimes only Djing? It seems like almost every recent "live" show of aphex is a DJ set. Am i mistaken in thinking this? Im not saying he's using tables, but it sounds like hes doing some form of mixing/beat matching other peoples tracks combined with his own. His older live shows even around the Come to Daddy era seem to rely heavily on his own music, with no hint of others tracks being played. Im suspecting its a similar thing to when the Orb "plays live" , they use tables in almost every live show ive seen them play and it seems much more like a dj set than the presented live show format as advertised.

I can go through and Rate the live sets with A+, etc, its not too hard to tell if they are direct line recordings or if they are microphoned. On top of letter ratings i think it would be useful to write "audience" or "board" as well. Ill try to get around to most of them tonight

Guest AlexPallas
one thing im a little confused about is do people bill Aphex as a "live performer" recently just to sell tickets when in fact he is sometimes only Djing? It seems like almost every recent "live" show of aphex is a DJ set. Am i mistaken in thinking this? Im not saying he's using tables, but it sounds like hes doing some form of mixing/beat matching other peoples tracks combined with his own. His older live shows even around the Come to Daddy era seem to rely heavily on his own music, with no hint of others tracks being played. Im suspecting its a similar thing to when the Orb "plays live" , they use tables in almost every live show ive seen them play and it seems much more like a dj set than the presented live show format as advertised.

performing electronic music live probably has the most flexiblity when it comes to performance. i suppose you really don't have to do anything but play your own tracks, so why even have a live download section to begin with? there is alot of spontenaity (sp? a real word?) and alot of unreleased stuff has been played as well. i think there is enough music up for download here to compile a 'Drukqs vol II' of completely unreleased music. when an electronic musician comes to perform live its really up to them if they're going to make it special or just be lazy and take it easy while their laptop plays and they fuck with a mixer.

I can go through and Rate the live sets with A+, etc, its not too hard to tell if they are direct line recordings or if they are microphoned. On top of letter ratings i think it would be useful to write "audience" or "board" as well. Ill try to get around to most of them tonight

sounds rad, i don't really see the need to put 'audience' or 'soundboard' up since thats the purpose of the grading system, but if you think you can tell the difference between an A+ show that may have been recorded in the audience and a B- show that might have been a soundboard recording, the extra information might as well be added

Guest keirondrk

just listening to the 2005-04-08 - Austria - Snowbombing Festival, Mayrhofen.mp3 set.. awsome :)...

just to let you know alexpallas I got hold of another version of the set, and have kept that one so I can't remember

what your one is to match it up, but I remember I kept this one because it was longer...

the file I have is One Hour 15mins 33Seconds long.. and just carries on a bit were the other just stops...

and is 172mb....

at a whoooppin 320kbps..

Guest AlexPallas
just listening to the 2005-04-08 - Austria - Snowbombing Festival, Mayrhofen.mp3 set.. awsome :)...

just to let you know alexpallas I got hold of another version of the set, and have kept that one so I can't remember

what your one is to match it up, but I remember I kept this one because it was longer...

the file I have is One Hour 15mins 33Seconds long.. and just carries on a bit were the other just stops...

and is 172mb....

at a whoooppin 320kbps..

sounds rad, send it over

Guest keirondrk

shall do my friend whats the best way to get it to you ?..

yousendit ??.

I'm on the hunt for material when I get a chance, theres not much I find which you do not have in your collection already :)

Guest aphexvancouver

Thanks AlexPallas for doing an amazing job in upkeeping the live section here:)

Anyways, one concert I can confirm to be a spoof is 1999-XX-XX - Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver - Autechre (mislabeled as: Aphex Twin & Autechre) - audio.

This was an Autechre show only, and it was held on August 9-1998 (not 1999) at the Palladium Club in Vancouver, Canada. I was at this Autechre show. Trust me, there was no Aphex at this show. Great show though:))

Guest AlexPallas
Thanks AlexPallas for doing an amazing job in upkeeping the live section here:)

Anyways, one concert I can confirm to be a spoof is 1999-XX-XX - Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver - Autechre (mislabeled as: Aphex Twin & Autechre) - audio.

This was an Autechre show only, and it was held on August 9-1998 (not 1999) at the Palladium Club in Vancouver, Canada. I was at this Autechre show. Trust me, there was no Aphex at this show. Great show though:))

lol. thats why it is under the 'spoof' section. btw thanks for the date correction, now i can update the autechre section

edit: the spoof section does seem a little redundant but there is no need for people to spend their time trying to hook me up with sets that they mistakenly thought were real

Guest AlexPallas

added:

2002-08-24 - Belgium-Hasselt - Pukkelpop Festival - Aphex Twin Vs Luke Vibert

Guest keirondrk

hmmmmm this is odd... isn't 2003-01-12 - Aphex Twin Vs Luke Vibert - 626 Mix.mp3

the exact same set as

2002-08-22 - Pukklepop Festival - Aphex Twin Vs Luke Vibert.mp3

2002-08-22 - Pukklepop Festival - Aphex Twin Vs Luke Vibert.m4a

Guest AlexPallas
hmmmmm this is odd... isn't 2003-01-12 - Aphex Twin Vs Luke Vibert - 626 Mix.mp3

the exact same set as

2002-08-22 - Pukklepop Festival - Aphex Twin Vs Luke Vibert.mp3

2002-08-22 - Pukklepop Festival - Aphex Twin Vs Luke Vibert.m4a

i believe you are correct, thanks for pointing that out. the 2003 date must have been when it was broadcasted while the 2002 date reflects when it was performed. if anyone knows more i would like to hear about it. the mp3 i have up for 2003 is far superior, so i'll leave that and the m4a up.

In case you're all wondring how the "luke vibert vs aphex twin" worked i may have an idea. They did the "vs" thing at the "hackey" warp-rave back in 03 and it looked like rdj just passed records to luke while he had a few beers. I'm not sure if he did any mixing/fx though.

any other ideas on this?

having said that, some of the mixing sounds more aphexy than lukey.

Guest AlexPallas

lol. it sounds more like Luke's selection of music than RDJ, i just figured at some point RDJ took over

Archived