IGNORED

Gescom

BobDobalina

So everyone knows that the gescom collective is shrouded in secrecy, blah blah blah... anyway I was enjoying meself some gescom the other day when I got to thinking about some of the other artistes known to have been involved with gescom at one time or another. As for the more prominent ones I've been enjoying Rob Hall's mixes for some time now, also been slowly working my way through Bola's discography (loving the Jello album at the moment).

I'm curious to know if there's any other stuff from gescom associates worth checking out... besides ae and the above dudes the discogs page for Gescom lists Andy Maddocks, Mike Williamson, and Russell Haswell amongst the members... have any of these guys done any decent solo/other projects? Not surprisingly, they all seem to be associated with the skam label. I also assume there are few more peoples in the gescom fold than this...

So have at it fanyboys, show me what you've got :wang:

All I know is Gescom is basically AE and pals. Literally I read that some of the earlier stuff is shit that Rob and Sean would work on and not know where to go with - Then their mates would pick it up and do stuff which would become Gescom.

Perhaps that led to some of the 'fake' artist names on This and That.

No names for you unfortunately though sir!

Anything and everything that Russell Haswell puts his hands on. Especially the live salvage discs! His new album Wild Tracks is now available for pre-order at Editions Mego...He also collaborates with Florian Hecker. Check this out...

Some links

http://haswellstudio.com/

http://haswellhecker.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/haswellhecker

Guest theSun

from the wiki

Members

Sean Booth of Autechre describes Gescom as an umbrella project involving 20 or 30 people. However, since most of their releases are anonymous, the exact roster of the project is not widely known.

Autechre's debut album, Incunabula, has the motto GESCOM "PLEASURE IS OUR BUSINESS" printed on the spine of the packaging, and thanks Darrell Fitton 4 Gescom in the liner notes.

Autechre's remix EP Basscad has the motto GESCOM: "PLEASURE IS OUR BUSINESS" printed on the inside spine of the CD, and says Autechre Music Systems from Gescom Transcendental in the liner notes.

The Gescom EP credits its "conspirators" as Sean Booth and Rob Brown (alias Autechre), Darrell Fitton (alias Bola), Rob Hall (from Skam Records), and Daniel 72 (a musician and designer near Manchester [1]).

The Gescom 2 EP credits its "conspirators" as Sean Booth and Rob Brown (alias Autechre), and Andy Maddocks (from Skam Records).

The Key Nell EP just says, "Conceived & secreted by Gescom."

The Keynell remixes EP just says, "Conceived & secreted by Gescom. Additional nurturing & care from Autechre."

The This EP credits remixes to "Ae" (Autechre), and Velocity Kendall.

The That EP credits remixes to Tara, Pharoid with Time Chamber, Gescom, and DC Duo's.

haswell, who collabed on minidisc, has done some good collabs with hecker (if you're into noise!)

where did you find out that haswell collaborated with them on that? it would make sense if he did because it sounds much more textural and interesting for glitchy ambient than the new H30/ae stuff and i always thought Haswell was a master at that type of noise.

Guest spraaaa

where did you find out that haswell collaborated with them on that? it would make sense if he did because it sounds much more textural and interesting for glitchy ambient than the new H30/ae stuff and i always thought Haswell was a master at that type of noise.

some interview or article about minidisc... don't really remember but I think I just googled stuff about it when I got it.

isn't the megamix rob hall? where did I read that, I sound like I'm full of shit here. boomkat says it was originally on a radio show and omg discogs has previews now?! I really want to like that mix but always get bored. but the fart noises at the beginning are amazing.

What do the North Manchester Bedroom Allstars have to do with Gescom, if anything? http://www.discogs.com/artist/North+Manc+Beds

Several of the names mentioned in the thread appear on their MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/northmancbeds

I've been curious about that for a while as there's a similar vibe about them.

What do the North Manchester Bedroom Allstars have to do with Gescom, if anything? http://www.discogs.com/artist/North+Manc+Beds

Several of the names mentioned in the thread appear on their MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/northmancbeds

I've been curious about that for a while as there's a similar vibe about them.

i suspect that NMB is one guy plus Pendle Coven (a PC track appears on Bolton 8), but i have no actual proof of this.

haswell, who collabed on minidisc, has done some good collabs with hecker (if you're into noise!)

copy paste from Touchshop (Or, run by R.Haswell, is a Touch sublabel), so it's official:

GESCOM

MiniDisc

Compact disc – 45 tracks: [88 PQ points]

67:07:00

or # only 3cd

MiniDisc

Edition 1 : 1998 - black and white

Edition 2 : 2001 - black and gold

Compact Disc

Edition 3 : 2006

This compact disc is the reissue of the highly acclaimed (Prix Ars Electronica Winner) MiniDisc-only release from 1998, about which they said:

"This is the first ever MiniDisc only release." (Alan Phillips, Sony Software)

This Gescom Production, assembled by Sean Booth and Rob Brown [Autechre] and Russell Haswell, has conquered the technological restrictions inherent in the MiniDisc format. Battling against the ATRAC compression system, they have succeeded in producing a masterful perambulation of sonic experimentation. 45 tracks have been sliced into 88 portions for your ease of dissemble-age. Thus the listener can loop and shuffle at will. Resulting carnage. Culling together years of source material, "MiniDisc" is a collection of multi-styled mood music, ranging from full on hip-hop beats to shoe-gazing ambience to bangin'.

copy paste from Touchshop (Or, run by R.Haswell, is a Touch sublabel), so it's official:

GESCOM

MiniDisc

or # only 3cd

MiniDisc

Compact Disc

This compact disc is the reissue of the highly acclaimed (Prix Ars Electronica Winner) MiniDisc-only release from 1998, about which they said:

This Gescom Production, assembled by Sean Booth and Rob Brown [Autechre] and Russell Haswell, has conquered the technological restrictions inherent in the MiniDisc format. Battling against the ATRAC compression system, they have succeeded in producing a masterful perambulation of sonic experimentation. 45 tracks have been sliced into 88 portions for your ease of dissemble-age. Thus the listener can loop and shuffle at will. Resulting carnage. Culling together years of source material, "MiniDisc" is a collection of multi-styled mood music, ranging from full on hip-hop beats to shoe-gazing ambience to bangin'.

thats awesome! not that i didn't believe it but i'm surprised i missed that. Does the original minidisc version come with any linear notes?

• 3 weeks later...

GESCOM

MiniDisc

or # only 3cd

MiniDisc

Compact Disc

thats awesome! not that i didn't believe it but i'm surprised i missed that. Does the original minidisc version come with any linear notes?

if by linear notes you mean insert notes, yeah. i'm not gonna type them up though! i managed to score an original pressing of the MD a few weeks back

Archived