IGNORED

Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding

vamos scorcho

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vsnares best album, absolutely no contest.

I never understood why he never built more like this completely mind-blowing braindance. This is a great fucking album. *puts it on*

Maybe he got lazy?

Maybe his alcoholism got in the way?

who knows.

Fuck this is good shit. Bonvital ftw. Ion Divvy is such a head fuck on decent headphones.

Winter in the Belly of a Snake is my 2nd fave.

I'm trying to listen through this right now and actually the only thing really keeping me listening is the melodies. The beats become so tiring and samey. It sounds like he's just using some sort of generator to automatically make a beat for every song. So it basically comes down to what sounds like generated beats over really excellent melodies.

I'm trying to listen through this right now and actually the only thing really keeping me listening is the melodies. The beats become so tiring and samey. It sounds like he's just using some sort of generator to automatically make a beat for every song. So it basically comes down to what sounds like generated beats over really excellent melodies.

Dude are you bi-polar? You started a thread calling this album a classic, then post this?

I need to give Winter in the Belly another listen. I think Vsnares would be amazing if he wasn't so lazy with the beats. He seems like he has this one method that he pretty much never breaks away from. It's like melody and beat are two separate things, rarely really melding into one fluid creation.

That said this is still a great album. Really stream of consciousness.

lol yeah. i'm a bit bipolar. I made this thread after listening to the first three tracks for the first time in a year or three. Then the beats started to sound the same in every track.

It's one of his albums that I've never been able to get into. Just doesn't grab me or excite me somehow. I should give it another spin, I suppose.

I would say it's a bit atypical vsnares for the time. no breakbeats on this shit.

Definitely one of my favorites of his, if not my favorite. I'd also like to hear a whole album of cut up jazz (a la Banana Seat Girl or Badminton) from him. I think when he decides to stray from the usual break sounds and ravey synths then he starts to get more interesting.

Guest Renivatio

IMO the closest Vsnares got to HCCBU in his recent output was Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms.

Definitely one of my favorites of his, if not my favorite. I'd also like to hear a whole album of cut up jazz (a la Banana Seat Girl or Badminton) from him. I think when he decides to stray from the usual break sounds and ravey synths then he starts to get more interesting.

Very very true.

Although I am not ashamed to admit i like some of the breaky & ravey shit. I also like it when he sings, like in "Dad".

this is one of my least favorite vsnares albums

which is your fave?

I am not ashamed to admit i like some of the breaky & ravey shit.

That's what I like most out of his stuff. I admit it does tend to get a bit samey but I don't mind because I love it so much. Feels like I'm the only person who likes his gabba tracks as well.

I am not ashamed to admit i like some of the breaky & ravey shit.

That's what I like most out of his stuff. I admit it does tend to get a bit samey but I don't mind because I love it so much. Feels like I'm the only person who likes his gabba tracks as well.

no, i like the gabba ones too.

i could never get into cats though.

Guest DNBJerk is for real life

Cadmium Lung Jacket.

I remember hearing a bootleg of him playing this track in NY, about a year before the album came out, and being completely blown away by it.

I'd still love to hear the surround sound mix of this album.

Archived