IGNORED

AFX Unreleased Promo EP

BCM

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a gyps, how did an Aphex Twin fan site discover this after it sold out. Hmm Warp copies on Bleep should hopefully be up soon though and I'm sure other record shops will get it too...

the title + packaging kinda reminds me of this unreleased boc bootleg

I agree with this, the wording and typesetting looks very similar (i.e amateur). From that tiny pic, underneath "Aphex Twin" I'm certain it says "Unreleased Promo". A Warp release would never have that as a title, surely.. Last time I was in Piccadilly, they were still selling copies of that BOC bootleg. I'd say the two records are from the same source.

As for the content, it wouldn't surprise me if they are audience recordings of unreleased tracks played at one or more of his DJ gigs.

Guest bitroast

what if, because it's a dodgy bootleg, the record has no record company or anything written on it. so whoever entered it into the website just wrote warp records to fill the blank? or something along those lines..

Hi Tom,

This is all I’ve been sent:

Aphex Twin/UNRELEASED PROMO EP 12" USA RELEASE

> 4 track EP "leaked by WARP in '04" but never actually commercially

> released’.

That’s all I know!

Philippa

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooootleg. I'm guessing it's those fake Analord 9 tracks. Can't remember if there were 4 of them, but they correspond to the time period. Glad I didn't spend the cash on this.

It's by the same people behind the BOC bootleg. US pressing, same £11.99 price, crap design, available from a seller of the BOC bootleg. And if you were to judge this record by the shit quality MP3-sourced job they did on the BOC record, it won't even have aphex music on it, it'll be one of the fake Analord releases from that time.

btw, lol @ the "repress"

Someone's raking in the cash.

Picadilly Records site has removed it... doesn't come up on search anymore. I smell hoax.

Nah, it's still there. Look in pre-orders or filter to search sold out items.

Picadilly Records site has removed it... doesn't come up on search anymore. I smell hoax.

Well, I must be thick then - because no matter how I try with their frankly shit search engine, I still don't see it - right click and choose "view this frame in a new window/tab" and then paste the URL from that page here.

Nevermind, I figured it out - First click on Pre-Orders on the right, then search for 'afx' on the left, and once the results come up, tick off "show sold out items" on the right and submit. It's right after the HAB CDEP.

Guest David R James

Well, I must be thick then - because no matter how I try with their frankly shit search engine, I still don't see it - right click and choose "view this frame in a new window/tab" and then paste the URL from that page here.

Go to the pre-Order section and scroll down.

Archived