IGNORED

Tahnaiya Russel

Guest HokusPoker

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he has consistently said that it wasn't the Future Music remix, which would be impossible to know for sure given the info about it. Who knows.

exactly, and since this is something he's consistently said for almost 5 years on this forum whenever it's mentioned makes me think he's either pulling our leg or he's luke vibert

• 3 weeks later...

Has Elusive posted... um "elusive" clips like this in the past?

not sure if he's posted them but he had a CD quality version of Synthacon before anybody else, before Rushup Edge leaked. The nature of his username and persona here is to be extremely elusive, drop hints but continue to be incredibly vague about how he gets access to this stuff. The only thing we really 'know' about elusive is that he *fucking hates* reflections

he has a username on Xltronic that's less 'elusive'

Thanks for the info.

Are you talking about this?

http://xltronic.com/mb/87080/0

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/3107-aphex-twin-melt/

Impakt's master from the Snowbombing set?

I'm wondering if the clip Elusive posted here is just mined from a different Vibert live set or something. Or some kind of fan remix/reconstruction(?). Although in threads about "Scirem", he has consistently said that it wasn't the Future Music remix, which would be impossible to know for sure given the info about it. Who knows.

Did you see my first post above- Holy smokes- This Scirem clip was something I cut from a 2006 Luke Vibert Breezeblock set. I theorized it was the SCI - fi staircase REMix (from Future Music- T. Rusell) and thusly labeled the file SCIREM. It was never confirmed. It most likely is the remix, however.

so, scirem was a remix track. did the magazine provide samples you have to use in your remix? were these samples in scirem?

yes, the samples were provided in Future Music 154 November 2004

no, it was just remix any vibert track as far as I remember. no samples provided or anything...

Samples were provided.

i dont hear any of that vibert track in aphex's remix

:43 and 1:32 have a pitched down samples from the Wagon Christ Song

I have the Future Music issue w Luke Vibert Interview, and disc where the samples are provided. I do not have the issue where the winner was picked. It would seem, that most likely the winning track was not on the the disc for that issue. But I'm not sure I don't have a copy of that issue.

Did you see my first post above- Holy smokes- This Scirem clip was something I cut from a 2006 Luke Vibert Breezeblock set.

We were talking about the clip that Elusive posted, which is a DIFFERENT version of Scirem that was from Aphex's Minehead 2007 set.

I do not have the issue where the winner was picked. It would seem, that most likely the winning track was not on the the disc for that issue. But I'm not sure I don't have a copy of that issue.

I posted a screenshot earlier from Future Music where someone wrote in and asked about the remixes. Their response was : "as much as we'd love to put all the remixes on the DVD, it would probably end up with a huge MCPS bill for us to pay (as they are remixes of an MCPS-registered artist), so, sadly it's a no-no for now - unless we can persuade the MCPS of its educational benefits."

• 1 year later...

http://trussell.bandcamp.com/releases

Some artists/bands I enjoy listening to: Deftones, Kate Bush, Cult of Luna, Killswitch Engage, Frankie Paul, Tanya Stephens, Freddie McGregor, Richard D. James, Drexciya, Mike Paradinas, Steve Arrington, B. B. & Q. Band, Hospital Records, Skinny Puppy, Ice Cube, Bone Thugs, lots of 70's & 80's funk.

• 1 year later...

Probably commented on elsewhere already, but I'm just scootering in to let you know that Scirem was serge fenix Rendered 2 (with a bit of dmx acid test thrown in at the end) all along. Long discussion settled.

Archived