IGNORED

last.fm

Capsaicin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you guys listen to other people's library on last.fm? i've been doing that for the last week. i'll just randomly choose whoever is on my friends list and just play their library... pretty cool... i think the best library i came across so far was this one!

http://www.last.fm/user/Adzanrana

do you guys listen to other people's library on last.fm? i've been doing that for the last week. i'll just randomly choose whoever is on my friends list and just play their library... pretty cool...

We did a game like this on another forum...you play the library of the person that posted before you, play the first 5 tracks and rate/comment on them. Got a bit hectic at times since it takes time to listen, by the time you're done someone may have posted already, then you gotta start over and listen to theirs instead...and so on. Started putting in placeholder posts I think, that helped keep order.

do you guys listen to other people's library on last.fm? i've been doing that for the last week. i'll just randomly choose whoever is on my friends list and just play their library... pretty cool...

We did a game like this on another forum...you play the library of the person that posted before you, play the first 5 tracks and rate/comment on them. Got a bit hectic at times since it takes time to listen, by the time you're done someone may have posted already, then you gotta start over and listen to theirs instead...and so on. Started putting in placeholder posts I think, that helped keep order.

sounds fun

sounds fun

which forum was that?

• 8 years later...

Yeah but I literally only use it to scrobble/keep track of listening habits now. They seem to have nuked most of the valuable community aspects in recent years, and I'm pretty sure they've replaced their radio stations with Spotify playlists.

Same. Groups were one of the best parts of that site and poof. Their related artists algorithm is still solid though.

Yeah but I literally only use it to scrobble/keep track of listening habits now. They seem to have nuked most of the valuable community aspects in recent years, and I'm pretty sure they've replaced their radio stations with Spotify playlists.

Same. Groups were one of the best parts of that site and poof. Their related artists algorithm is still solid though.

There was a brief period, maybe a year or two, when I was using Spotify and that platforms recommendations were atrociously bad. They've caught up now. I keep lastfm up and running but honestly use it infrequently. If anything I use it to revisit music I listened to years ago (I use to find a lot of stuff from turntable.fm rooms)

Is there a way to archive it offline? It'd be nice.

There was a brief period, maybe a year or two, when I was using Spotify and that platforms recommendations were atrociously bad. They've caught up now. I keep lastfm up and running but honestly use it infrequently. If anything I use it to revisit music I listened to years ago (I use to find a lot of stuff from turntable.fm rooms)

Is there a way to archive it offline? It'd be nice.

IIRC there are other, similar services that do but I’ve been using last.fm since 2007 and AFAIK there’s no way to export your archived scrobbles and I don’t want to lose the data :(

Archived