IGNORED

Albums that have grown on you

jeremymacgregor87

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Music is rotted one note took me about 4 years to 'get'

I remember playing it a long time ago and feeling pretty meh about it. At the time I loved Hard Normal Daddy-style Squarepusher. This year though, I ran across a used copy of Music is Rotted One Note, decided to fill the gap in my collection, and I was immediately wowed. So it wasn't something I kept trying that slowly grew on me, it was more like playing it once, shelving it, and picking it back up years later with different ears. Great album.

Music is rotted one note took me about 4 years to 'get'

I remember playing it a long time ago and feeling pretty meh about it. At the time I loved Hard Normal Daddy-style Squarepusher. This year though, I ran across a used copy of Music is Rotted One Note, decided to fill the gap in my collection, and I was immediately wowed. So it wasn't something I kept trying that slowly grew on me, it was more like playing it once, shelving it, and picking it back up years later with different ears. Great album.

Yeah, when I first listened to it, it seemed like an album with way too much space, not enough activity. Then I checked out some Miles Davis fusion and now I see the light. Jazz and electronic music have the same maverick spirit, I think. It's cool to have somebody like Tom Jenkinson bridge the gap.

Archived