IGNORED

Albums that have grown on you

jeremymacgregor87

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GrandPopPoplock

confield - thought it was noise at first (but somehow knew that if i persisted it'd be rewarding), now it's my favourite ae album.

mr bungle - disco volante - took me so long to get my head around, but once again it's now my favourite of their albums.

other than that, there's not much really, especially lately - there hasn't been anything that has really shocked me upon first listen, these days i can usually tell if i like something or not right away. which is a bit depressing because i feel like i've heard everything.

I just bought Confield and yeah...hopefully...it will grow on me . I'm not so crazy about the album at the moment

it takes a lot of time. approach with an open mind. I still don't think it's as amazing as a lot of fans say (uviol...) but it's still got pen expers and lentic at the very least, which makes it more than worth it.

as for disco volante, I loved it on first listen, I had never heard anything remotely as bizarre (I was 15 at the time). still one of my favourite albums for sure.

Yeah , most likely it will grow on me . I've been listening to ae for years and I'm finally starting to buy their stuff ( and no , I don't dislike ae ) I LOVE 'em . I was just always distracted by other music . I plan on buying Daft 7.30 next .

And yes, Uviol , Pen Expers and are sick tracks. ( Uviol might be m fav )

Lentic gotta grow on me lol

Jim O'Rourke 'Eureka', Tool 'Undertow', RDJ lp, LP5, Confield, Draft 7.30, Gantz Graf, Untilted, Quaristice and all things connected to Quaristice...

Autechre takes serious dedication but once an album(of the later AE variety) sinks in, a bit, and then exponentially more, I find it to be some of the most rewarding music out there...

RDJ lp was purchased by me in 96 and it made absolutely no sense to my ears at the time but I kept listening out of curiosity and then I became an electronic musician....

Tool and Jim O'Rourke just took a few listens to 'get' it and now I have been a tool fan since '93....and think Jim O'Rourke is und music wizard :pedobear:

Tool and Jim O'Rourke just took a few listens to 'get' it and now I have been a tool fan since '93....and think Jim O'Rourke is und music wizard :pedobear:

Once I got into Tool with Undertow, Ænima was easy to swallow, but then Lateralus took some time for sure.

I will add Radiohead's Kid A since they came out roughly around the same time and were both challenging to me.

definately clark albums (I had no problem instantly getting into Chris Clark albums).

I was really really confused by Turning Dragon. I love it now though.

Guest kanondwerg

i didn't like lp5 at first, now it's my favorite ae album

acceptable side effects by urban tribe really grew on me, i love it now

I never got into Go Plastic until a relatively short while ago, it's fucking great though, I never caught on to all the stuff that was happening in there but now I do.

emperor tomato ketchup by stereolab. at first i foolishly dismissed it as "glorified elevator music", but listened to it after a year or so and it really clicked.

great album! i really should listen to it more though.

yes, and then move forward.....

never really been into their early stuff

I always thought of Broadcast as a wannabe Stereolab...

but now I think they are so much better, every record by Broadcast is amazing....

getting into Broadcast is a better path to take....

imho

but now I think they are so much better, every record by Broadcast is amazing....

imho

ah k thanks for the tip.

I've got "the noise made by people" and quite like it

Trish Keenan, mmmm

EDIT: oh, and the Focus Group collab

Brownout is will forever be growing on me and I love it.... :emotawesomepm9:

Hell yes, I still don't get the drooling and peepants for Confield, but this album does some badass dark shit.

imho

Broadcast are good alright, but I gotta step up for Stereolab here, they're fan-fucking-tastic. I also started with Emperor, and initially wasn't too impressed. Later on when I was discovering my undying love for Mouse on Mars, I found out they were collaborating with Stereolab around the time of Dots & Loops, which I subsequently checked out, and everything clicked. Dots & Loops is such a brilliant album, I can't recommend it enough (Mouse on Mars' Cache Coeur Naif ep, featuring some of Stereolab, is equally awesome). Check out Aluminum Tunes too.

I need to check out Stereolab, I've heard them a few times on the college radio station here and it was excellent.

Regarding Confield, I think Allmusic.com summed my initial feelings: "A record to respect, not enjoy." I like it a lot more now, but it is still such a mental workout to listen to.

I didn't like SAW I much for awhile, but that was probably because the RDJ album was the first I ever listened to.

ah k thanks for the tip.

I've got "the noise made by people" and quite like it

Trish Keenan, mmmm

EDIT: oh, and the Focus Group collab

imo, 'tender buttons' is better but either way, broadcast doesn't get their fair dues. broadcast > stereolab any day

Archived