IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

..."BREAKING: twitter user brydoncheyney says "just heard the

new Autechre album, Oversteps, in Avalanche Records. a

surprising step back from the twitchy Max/MSP insanity.

sublime."

someone break into Avalanche Records right nao"...

"Extrem ruhig" - I'm not excited! OK, I'd accept an AE SAW I, but not SAW II please; it bored me.

Hopefully "extreme calm" is just relatively speaking when compared to Quaristice.

I won't feel much for a beatless ambient album I'm afraid. That music just doesn't really do it for me. I need at the very least some gentle percussion/beats.

Guest Balance

Most of Autechre's beatless ones are great, I wouldn't mind if there was only one beat and it came near the end of the last track.

Most of Autechre's beatless ones are great, I wouldn't mind if there was only one beat and it came near the end of the last track.

Beatless might be great if only two or three songs, but not a full album I think. The samples later today will be very interesting to hear.

I'm with Fredd-E on this one.

me too.

but if its more in the garbage realm, well ill be super psyched. im sure its like nothing they have released yet though, thats whats so exciting.

ah the infinite hype machine that is total silence. works every time.

So, they're playing it in the fucking record store? How many of these promos are floating around, with nobody so much as leaking a single track? FUCK, that's ridiculous.

Actually, its probably all bullshit. It's absolutely improbable that this could be happening and without a leak.

So, they're playing it in the fucking record store? How many of these promos are floating around, with nobody so much as leaking a single track? FUCK, that's ridiculous.

Actually, its probably all bullshit. It's absolutely improbable that this could be happening and without a leak.

Absolutely improbable huh? An improbability cannot be absolute, and I think the shit IS possible. We know from that BigShot reviewer that the promos are out there. Whether or not that Twittering twat-face is telling the truth? That we don't know.

An album of Drane2 = Epic win.

drane2, garbagemx36, and the likes are not what I'd call ambient.. but if it's like this then I'm totally cool with it because these tracks are insanely good; there's lots going on in these songs.. lots of percussion and layers..

I just hope they won't release anything very minimalistic drone/soundcape shizzle; that's what I'd call boring. There should be life in the tracks. It should sound rich.

Good point. But I'm just not sure a record store with all their resources and choices of music would be downloading shit off the internet, and playing it in the shop. I just don't know...

when tool was coming out with 10k days, they traveled to promote it, put the cd in the player, played it and then left with it. that didnt leak very early at all. they managed to have listening parties and a bunch of journalists creaming over it without a leak for quite some time. so it is poshible i supposed.

obviously ae arent going around with it, but maybe a secret service warp mib has 1 copy he is traveling with. it only plays on his earpiece which can be plugged into a stereo. and yes, his mib earpiece is sennheiser.

Absolutely improbable huh? An improbability cannot be absolute, and I think the shit IS possible. We know from that BigShot reviewer that the promos are out there. Whether or not that Twittering twat-face is telling the truth? That we don't know.

The point I was trying to make was that this record store can't possibly be the only one on the planet who has a promo. Right now all we can "confirm" is that the BigShout magazine interviewer has one. If a fucking record store of all places has a promo, then the chances are that other "stores" or meaningless people and/or places have them too... And if that is the case, it is improbable or unlikely this hasnt leaked.

So, in conclusion, they're full of shit.

Edited by gl0tch