IGNORED

A very simple request to Ae

thehauntingsoul

haha, were the first 5.1 albums mixed similar to the first stereo albums? just, really over the top with the whole drum track over in the corner, vocals coming from centre, bass back to the left.

zole, i'm not sure! i really need some more 5.1 albums, oh and a system to play them on, hehe.

haha, were the first 5.1 albums mixed similar to the first stereo albums? just, really over the top with the whole drum track over in the corner, vocals coming from centre, bass back to the left.

Fuck, that would drive me to madness I think

you haven't listened to any pop music from the 60s, have you?

zole, i'm not sure! i really need some more 5.1 albums, oh and a system to play them on, hehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0lcB1QozUQ

i used to have so much fun with this on my shitty boombox with balance control

No, and I think, judging by what you're implying, that I would not be here to tell about it if I had. Thanks for letting me know because things could have gotten ugly if I were to stumble upon it in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0lcB1QozUQ

i used to have so much fun with this on my shitty boombox with balance control

haha yeah i used to do that with 60s shadows songs. especially 'guitar tango' how the only thing in the left channel is the lead guitar.

it does irritate me to no end though, was there a technical reason for it?

not so much a technical thing, moreso people didn't really know how to stereo properly yet.

that being said np: strawberry fields forever, and it adds to the track rather than detract from it imo.

Guest spraaaa

I always imagined that stuff was mixed with big living room stereos in mind and not headphones, like maybe they thought on speakers it would sound more like a real band if the different musicians came from different sides, and people would be like WOAHHHH. kinda fits 60s rock being more of a social or a dance thing and not just a sit in a corner with sennheisers thing.

florian hecker is mixed pretty 60s rock style...

I have The Downward Spiral on 5.1 - pretty badass. Would love to hear Ae in 5.1, even just a song or 2.

My fanboy request would be a copy of Draft 1.0 or Draft 2.0 if Draft 7.30 is accurately named. Anyone ever asked ae about this in an interview? :whistling:

No offense, I don't think they give a fuck that much. They're just talented and it's probably as simple as that. Anti-climatic, but likely true.

pretty much

however, an ae boxset would be lush. especially with 5.1 mixes!

which brings me to think, of all bands, you'd think autechre would jump the fuck on the 5.1 bandwagon, no?

An Autechre boxset what a wonderful idea : )

I have The Downward Spiral on 5.1 - pretty badass. Would love to hear Ae in 5.1, even just a song or 2.

My fanboy request would be a copy of Draft 1.0 or Draft 2.0 if Draft 7.30 is accurately named. Anyone ever asked ae about this in an interview? :whistling:

I remember reading that it was Draft 7.30 as it was the 30th version of their 7th album. They may have been exaggerating that a little (30 different versions must include different mixes/"masters" rather than really different tracks) but that's apparently where that comes from. I'd still like to hear some of the earlier versions of those tracks.

I remember reading that it was Draft 7.30 as it was the 30th version of their 7th album. They may have been exaggerating that a little (30 different versions must include different mixes/"masters" rather than really different tracks) but that's apparently where that comes from. I'd still like to hear some of the earlier versions of those tracks.

You've not heard the extended Vl Al 5?

You've not heard the extended Vl Al 5?

I have, in fact it may be my rip/edit/whatever that you have of that. To hear the whole album at some kind of prototype stage though would be really cool.

the extended VI AI 5, was played on a xlt radio broadcast right? hmm would someone be so kind to upload it? (the track)

I have it on an old hard drive, but I need to grab a caddy from work to upload. Can anybody else be so kind?

the extended VI AI 5, was played on a xlt radio broadcast right? hmm would someone be so kind to upload it? (the track)

VL AL 5*

Vlimpton Alpha 5

they could just listen to their cds one after another and post on twitter:

SB: lol I did that bit @ 4:55 snds lush still

RB: I made the g2 patch that plyd this one lol no tweaking left the room - trk 5

SB: OMG Maetl sux now lolzorz

ETC

i would buy this lol

Guest texan whip

all this sounds like you lot have resigned yourselves to the imminent sounds of autechre's death knell. let's hope they don't have to write a career spanning book or release a back catalogue box set for a few more decades yet.

Archived