IGNORED

Tattoos

mcbpete

I'm also seriously wondering why all this nautical shit is so fucking popular.

Seriously? Considering you're part of the BRITISH FUCKING EMPIRE, who once ruled the Seven Seas and dominated most of the free world, I would think that your rich maritime history would have alluded you to the fact that sailors were one of the most popular proponents of the art of tattoo, commemorating their voyages, adventures, and fallen comrades and in remembrance of their loved ones. Also, on a more grim note, to be easier to identify bodies lest the creatures of the deep had their way with the exposed flesh of a sailor lost to the inky depths.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

Yeah. Joyrex is correct about everything this time, Alex.

Weren't you listening when Iain went through his Navy/Tattoo period in the summer? The two are intertwined, and the Naval Industry is still booming.

Seriously? Considering you're part of the BRITISH FUCKING EMPIRE, who once ruled the Seven Seas and dominated most of the free world, I would think that your rich maritime history would have alluded you to the fact that sailors were one of the most popular proponents of the art of tattoo, commemorating their voyages, adventures, and fallen comrades and in remembrance of their loved ones. Also, on a more grim note, to be easier to identify bodies lest the creatures of the deep had their way with the exposed flesh of a sailor lost to the inky depths.

that's really well-written

Guest Conor74

I think Joyrex has hit the jackpot with that avatar. Visually arresting. I demand to know the source.

Yeah. Joyrex is correct about everything this time, Alex.

Weren't you listening when Iain went through his Navy/Tattoo period in the summer? The two are intertwined, and the Naval Industry is still booming.

Goddamn, I AM SAVING THIS THREAD! :lol:

that's really well-written

Wow, a McGriff Point™!

I think Joyrex has hit the jackpot with that avatar. Visually arresting. I demand to know the source.

Thank you, Sir - it's from the upcoming series of Doctor Who (April 3rd in the UK, April 17th in the US on BBC America) - it's rumoured to be called a "Smiler" - a new enemy The Doctor will face. It has two faces actually, which the mechanical head spins around to reveal. Nothing more is known at this point...

i get tattoos i want to get and if some twat thinks i'm a dick because of it then i'm just better off not knowing him anyway. tattoos are very personal. of course the big fuck off tribal tats or your surname blasted across your shoulders, well, that's another story.

but again, personal opinion. people often takes these things too personally.

apologies to chen and essines, but I think the concept of getting a tattoo that has meaning is completely hilarious.

I would say that very few things in life are worthy of being permanently etched onto one's skin. and for the the small group of things in life that truly are that important, don't you sort of trivialize them by reducing them to a mega-cliche tattoo? i just don't see it. the only reason I could think to get one is if you are off to war and think there's a good chance you are going to die anyway, then definitely get some hot devil mama with big titties holding a pitchfork with a tail curling seductively at the viewer. that's badass. but most of us pussies will never be in that situation.

My girlfriend has a Dharma Wheel as a tattoo, simply because she is buddhist (I think its pretty cool :D)

Considering the idea of a tattoo but I haven't found anything that I know will hold permanent significance with my life in a singular image/motif so...

I got tattoos because I wanted some tacky shit on my body for the rest of my life, I don't really care if they're there when I'm old. It'll be just as funny then as it is now.

Fuck this meaning stuff, it won't mean shit when we're dead. :emotawesomepm9:

I went to a New Years party and there was this guy with this fucking awful Blink 182 logo tattoo right around his arm. It looked so shit and I wondered if the guy had any clue at all.

I think Apnea's tattoo is rad and I'd probably get that tattooed if I could be bothered.

l_210251e997a240821d6d769be4cc1c0e.jpg

I went to a New Years party and there was this guy with this fucking awful Blink 182 logo tattoo right around his arm. It looked so shit and I wondered if the guy had any clue at all.

I think Apnea's tattoo is rad and I'd probably get that tattooed if I could be bothered.

l_210251e997a240821d6d769be4cc1c0e.jpg

that reminds me of faith's tattoo from that game mirror's edge

340x_custom_1232301813964_faiths_tattoo_01.jpg

looks pretty sweet i think and i hate most tattoos.

Here are mine:

IMG_0856.jpg

The Mega Men run all the way around. 4 total.

IMG_1630.jpg

I also have a heart with a lightning bolt on my chest. Looks like the heart he has on his chest:

shirt_scud1.JPG

I'm going to get the black mage from Final Fantasy come this April.

blackmage.png

I have Richard Gere's broken heart tattoo from Breathless on my chest, an excerpt from Stalin's 'not one step backwards' speech to his generals in 1942 in cyrillic on my left foot, and Jamie Theakston's head on my right upper arm dating from his Live and Kicking days, which I'm considering having removed.

i have some tats that i'm happy are hidden when i'm dressed. like 17 years ago, there was a pic of judy tenuta naked with her accordian draped across her body in rolling stone. i almost got that as a tat on my inner forearm. i'm glad i didn't.

and i found the pic!

m_3294a0d08c07b695a7afd3065274c0d6.jpg

Guest tht tne

the only thing i have ever seriously considered getting tattooed is auryn:

auryn.gif

though i saw a picture of a girl at a phish show that had sharpied "dose me" on her forehead, if i wasn't so reasonable i might do that

the only reason I could think to get one is if you are off to war and think there's a good chance you are going to die anyway, then definitely get some hot devil mama with big titties holding a pitchfork with a tail curling seductively at the viewer. that's badass. but most of us pussies will never be in that situation.

i don't care what you say about my tattoos, finding an excuse to get tattooed is probably one of the worst reasons to get tattooed i can think of.

Archived