IGNORED

A short cut to Clark

beerwolf

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Renivatio

bruise animations :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

probably one his best non-lp tracks he's done. i remember listening to it almost nonstop when i travelled alone to amsterdam last summr. :braindance:

Thanks for all the replies.

I am aware one can sound like an asshole just coming on-line and wanting to know the best tracks without any effort. So pleased I din't recieve too much flak for asking! LoL. Going to have an exploration the next over the next few days.

Cheers fellas.

Guest hahathhat

just get body riddle. but to answer the question

Ted

For Wolves Crew

Volcan Veins

Look Into The Heart Now

Herzog

Rainbow Voodoo

Herr Bar

I like Clark/Chris Clark - but Totems Flare gives me a headache, and I've tried to like it many times. I think the production on that album is overrated...I read a few reviews stating how stella it sounds, but to me Totems Flare represents an album where the standard Clark criticisms DO apply. It's fine on some speakers, but compared to most other albums I have, it sounds rather horrid on headphones.

But I'm sure most of you disagree. Just my two cents.

(But Empty the Bones of You and Body Riddle are rather amazing! Especially Body Riddle.)

I like Clark/Chris Clark - but Totems Flare gives me a headache, and I've tried to like it many times. I think the production on that album is overrated...I read a few reviews stating how stella it sounds, but to me Totems Flare represents an album where the standard Clark criticisms DO apply. It's fine on some speakers, but compared to most other albums I have, it sounds rather horrid on headphones.

(But Empty the Bones of You and Body Riddle are rather amazing! Especially Body Riddle.)

wait, so you dislike how totems flare sounds but like the way body riddle sounds?

wait, so you dislike how totems flare sounds but like the way body riddle sounds?

Yes. Though they're both very loud, Totems Flare has loads more distortion (I know it's deliberate, but I still don't like it much) and its textures aren't nearly as interesting to my ears as Body Riddle's. Body Riddle also has more sonic details to dig into. I thought the loudness of Body Riddle was actually pretty fresh sounding, but he took it too far for me on the next two. Really, Totems Flare doesn't sound that great once you've turned it down to the level of other good sounding electronic albums when you're battling through it all on headphones.

Surely they sound pretty different to you, too?

Totems Flare - most overrated album for a long time.

Clarence Park and Body Riddles are where it's at followed by Empty the Bones of You.

Lord of the Dance

Rob Lee

Herr Bar

and if you can find it, the "guitar solo" bonus/promo track that came with Clarence Park

Also this Clark is infinitely better

to me Totems Flare represents an album where the standard Clark criticisms DO apply. It's fine on some speakers, but compared to most other albums I have, it sounds rather horrid on headphones.

Someone finally asked Clark about the compression in an interview and he said something to the effect of "When people say it's too loud I feel like I've succeeded!" :spiteful:

Yes. Though they're both very loud, Totems Flare has loads more distortion (I know it's deliberate, but I still don't like it much) and its textures aren't nearly as interesting to my ears as Body Riddle's. Body Riddle also has more sonic details to dig into. I thought the loudness of Body Riddle was actually pretty fresh sounding, but he took it too far for me on the next two. Really, Totems Flare doesn't sound that great once you've turned it down to the level of other good sounding electronic albums when you're battling through it all on headphones.

Surely they sound pretty different to you, too?

they are both very loud. i actually think body riddle sounds to crispy. i like them both but they sound like they were produced in a very similar realm. just the sounds are different. i am by no means an audiophile so you wont get a technical argument from me though.

this guy seriously needs to release a new lp soon!

lol, he has been releasing stuff at a crazy pace!

I like the compression, because tinny music is such a bummer. I want it to come out of the speakers with a BOOM. And Clark does just that. And how.

you're wrong. on an objective level.

who is it overrated by? the listeners who really dig it? its not like it got a ton of press or made lots of year end lists. it is a fantastic record.

you're wrong. on an objective level.

who is it overrated by? the listeners who really dig it? its not like it got a ton of press or made lots of year end lists. it is a fantastic record.

seriously... if anything most of the old school watmmers like to take every chance they can get to shit on it

totems is brilliant!

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Eh, I love Totems Flare . I think it's his best album .

But I'd recommend listening to his albums in release date order .

Clarence Park

Empty The Bones Of You

Body Riddle

Turning Dragon

Totems Flare

As for the ep's...it doesn't really matter . They're all great

This is from the Throttle Clarence ep .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzAbwhOeock

Archived