IGNORED

All You Ever Wanted To Know About The Lifetime Members Forum

Joyrex

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since some of the proponents of the LTM often use an aunt sally, I'll very briefly summarise what I think are the key points against. This is not an attempt to prolong the argument.

- If you ask members for donations for forum server costs, it's best to be transparent on the nature of the forum. This has to an extent now been addressed.

- Secret subforums may benefit some, but it is to the detriment of the community as a whole.

- Forums are at their best when self regulating, with light moderation when needed.

- I simply don't like the concept of the exclusive club, whether from the inside or the outside it has always left a sour taste in the mouth. I accept that this pov is completely alien to some of you.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

- Secret subforums may benefit some, but it is to the detriment of the community as a whole.

got to agree with that. some ltms just don't post anymore out here. maybe they don't post in there either

Since some of the proponents of the LTM often use an aunt sally, I'll very briefly summarise what I think are the key points against. This is not an attempt to prolong the argument.

- If you ask members for donations for forum server costs, it's best to be transparent on the nature of the forum. This has to an extent now been addressed.

- Forums are at their best when self regulating, with light moderation when needed.

- I simply don't like the concept of the exclusive club, whether from the inside or the outside it has always left a sour taste in the mouth. I accept that this pov is completely alien to some of you.

don't like it?? make your own, this one belongs to JOYREX!!!!!!! :orly:

Joyrex why stop at them? Go back to old bans from half a decade ago too! :whistling:

Nah... my old grouchiness kicked back in... 42Orange is all I'm conceding to for now.

It would be nice to let Theocide, Lion, Beneboi, etc. all come back, wouldn't it?

not really

lion would be fucking awesome but those people were banned not for any LTM forum hullaballoo were they? Theo was for weedgate and lion for being his brother, bene and sini and clitter were just douchebags.

I think people were only upset that 42Orange was banned for what just seemed like LTM wankology, not just general forum wankology.

thnx joyrex for giving us 42Orange back :beer:

why dont you offer all the banned people like theo, lion, etc a re-entry if they agree to pay 10 bucks or something to help pay for a few months' service to show that they are interested in positively impacting wattmm?

Joyrex why stop at them? Go back to old bans from half a decade ago too! :whistling:

Nah... my old grouchiness kicked back in... 42Orange is all I'm conceding to for now.

Good I think that makes sense because although 42Orange was whining like a little tattle tale when he made the thread, he hadn't necessarily read the hidden rule about not outing the LTM forum, because he wasn't in it. Unless he got banned for a different reason, I really wasn't paying attention.

Guest Gary C

I still firmly believe that weed should've been banned or at least suspended far before anything like that happened. She had been starting countless inane threads daily for months.

Thank fuck we finally got through to her and she's been on the fringes since then.

Wait so 420 wasn't a LTM member? He got banned, basically, for finding a bug and letting the bug be known? I would have done the same thing for how do us non-LTM people know the rules to something we aren't affiliated with?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I still firmly believe that weed should've been banned or at least suspended far before anything like that happened. She had been starting countless stupid fucking boring fat girl inane threads daily for months.

Thank fuck we finally got through to her and she's been on the fringes since then.

amen

Archived