IGNORED

Panda Bear - Tomboy

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panda Bear has a 7" coming out on Kompakt in the near future.

NEWS: IT'S TRUE - PANDA BEAR WILL BE RELEASING A 7" ON KOMPAKT

We've gotten a bunch of mails thanks to Fact and Stereogum reporting that we'll be releasing a 7" from Animal Collective's Panda Bear. We're thrilled to say that it's true - no release date is set but we'll let you know more news soon.

pitchfork again

The title track from Panda Bear's forthcoming LP Tomboy is out on limited edition 7" July 13 via Animal Collective's Paw Tracks label. Before the full record hits in the fall, there will be a few more similarly limited singles let out into the world. Those singles will each be on a different label, including including Kompakt, Domino, and Fat Cat. Spreading the wealth!

wonder if they will include remixes from their respective label rosters?

:whistling:

song titles but not tracklisting order. from pitchfork

Drone

Tomboy

Surfer's Hymn

At the Jetty

Benfica

Slow Motion

Bullseye

I Want to Go With You

You Can Count on Me

song titles but not tracklisting order. from pitchfork

Drone

Tomboy

Surfer's Hymn

At the Jetty

Benfica

Slow Motion

Bullseye

I Want to Go With You

You Can Count on Me

there is a live bootleg with decent sound floating around if you want a sneak peak. i tried but panda live is close to unlistenable for me. he and ac are most certainly create better studio band stuff...

the problem with listening the live stuff is you get used to it and then the record comes out and its different and you whinge

the problem with listening the live stuff is you get used to it and then the record comes out and its different and you whinge

i think the problem with the live stuff is how awful his voice is outside of the studio.

i gotta say im not a huge fan of the way he is releasing this lp at all.

yeah because you can't steal it yet

i gotta say im not a huge fan of the way he is releasing this lp at all.

yeah because you can't steal it yet

lol no. because by the time the record comes out you will have listened to everything a lot already. i hate listening to a single before an album drops because i usually end up skipping that song when i get the full album. then the record becomes disjointed for me. this will probably seem like a clump of songs rather than an album with flow.

edit: here is a soundboard with a bunch of new songs

http://radio23.hosting.boxpopuli.com/episodes/k/ko/koolkitchen/1871/Panda_Bear_live_at_Primavera__1871.mp3

ya i agree with that ^

i downloaded a leak of the 7" with tomboy and slow motion on it and yea its not that good.

it might just be the loud vinyl crackle that was annoying me but i couldnt get into it at all.. definitely gona wait til the album is actually released before i listen to any more

ya i agree with that ^

i downloaded a leak of the 7" with tomboy and slow motion on it and yea its not that good.

it might just be the loud vinyl crackle that was annoying me but i couldnt get into it at all.. definitely gona wait til the album is actually released before i listen to any more

I thought both songs were great.

ya i agree with that ^

also, on top of releasing it in this manner, all the songs will leak in such awful quality over the course of the next 2 months. at least release them digitally as well.

but the 2 songs he released, i am enjoying very much despite the horrific quality

seriously how do i turn this setting off? does anyone know? ok well nevermind *hits record*

Archived