IGNORED

Panda Bear - Tomboy

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

so it's clear to me now that this was probably the worst release method for an album that I have ever seen. I just skip to the 4 tracks that are new and aside from afterburner they are pretty similar. I'm finding friendship bracelet horribly boring except for the end. maybe it's a grower.

all in all tbe album would benefit from a bit more diversity but I do like it quite a bit too.

really glad i skipped all the 7"s

Guest bitroast

so it's clear to me now that this was probably the worst release method for an album that I have ever seen. I just skip to the 4 tracks that are new and aside from afterburner they are pretty similar. I'm finding friendship bracelet horribly boring except for the end. maybe it's a grower.

all in all tbe album would benefit from a bit more diversity but I do like it quite a bit too.

yeah, ilistened for the first time today (haven't heard any of the tracks).

some of the tracks are awesome and totally totally enjoyable. but, i was finding myself a little bored towards the end.

the good songs are definitely good though. i wonder how i 'll feel about it in time.

I definitely envy all you who have skipped the 7" releases. I wore them out and regret it in a big way.

Likewise here, although the mix on the album is definitely much richer... It brings the tracks I already knew out in a new light. Hopefully the 7"s will be worth something in the future.

Guest Archrival

I definitely envy all you who have skipped the 7" releases. I wore them out and regret it in a big way.

Likewise here, although the mix on the album is definitely much richer... It brings the tracks I already knew out in a new light. Hopefully the 7"s will be worth something in the future.

Can't wait to hear it! The samples sounds really rich! Sonic Boom have done a great job.

I think the single series was a great sucess for panda bear and the fans! just like the analords.

Wish there was more going on musically. His voice is really enjoyable but it might as well be an a cappella album. Listened to the whole thing but lost interest after the first few songs as it all became a little samey.

Huge fan of Person Pitch... Tomboy is kinda' "ih". Oh well!

its actually april 19

portal 2 is the 20th

Actually it's the 12th. :tongue:

Thanks for the samples, sounds good. Glad I didn't bother with the singles either...not a fan of burning out on even one single before an album comes out.

Guest Archrival

The new version of Surfers Hymn sounds way better, im glad the new mix got rid of those pitched echoes of the vocals, sounds better when they are low in the mix.

The new version of Surfers Hymn sounds way better, im glad the new mix got rid of those pitched echoes of the vocals, sounds better when they are low in the mix.

hi.jpg

wow this version of the tracks sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o o o much better

oh so these are not just better quality these are different tracks completely. i hear differences that aren't just quality/dynamics related

also i swear he is now saying "you can't count on me"

maybe he's trying to teach us all to wait and not download mp3 rips or leaks.

although ii suppose we're all listening rips right now

comparing it to person pitch is like comparing person pitch to young prayer

maybe he's trying to teach us all to wait and not download mp3 rips or leaks.

although ii suppose we're all listening rips right now

then he shouldn't have officially released 7 of the 11 tracks prior to the album.

the only thing he is teaching us is to use more reverb.

haha yes

gotta admit the vocals began to grate on this one a little. basically i miss avey tare

^ real fan

but yea I agree w/ timj, the synth sounds sloppy and overdone. sounds like the casio I had in 84. in fact the album is peppered with over the top added sound effects just because it needs to have a zillion layers at the same time.

I thought his whole goal of this was to have simple stripped down simple guitar and rhythm pop songs. the structure of every song is virtually identical and it seems a bit sloppy and overdone.

that said I pretty much fucking love it.

Archived