8. "Get Lucky (ft. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)" 6:07
9. "Beyond" 4:50
10. "Motherhood" 5:41
11. "Fragments of Time (ft. Todd Edwards)" 4:39
12. "Doin' It Right (ft. Panda Bear)" 4:11
13. "Contact (ft. DJ Falcon)" 6:21

Duration 01:14

Edited by vincentvc

I really hope this album will have lots of guest vocals and collaborations with other famous musicians. That would be perfect.

holy shit i hope this is so far from the case. unless you are trolling

jazzband.

but still great news.

well yeh but it's sort of official now - and there wasn't a thread anyway

i hope it won't be anything like that tron sound or i'll be out - most of it felt really cheap

lol foil

also on a sidenote, the guy who'll rip the vinyl first is going to have a great day

i hope they dont care for money and release an album that sounds like their old stuff / like the stuff they released via crydamoure.

i just want house/french house from them, so i hope for collaborations with fred falke, dj falcon, alan braxe, play paul, people like that.

Edited by jlobkob

I have a few Roule / Crydamoure vinyls from back in the day that were like £9 - £11 each at the time, not sure what they are worth now. Used to spend crazy money on vinyl. But yes, old stuff was golden. Hope its a good album from them, good to hear they are coming back.

Musique is such a great track. Pretty much the only one I return to these days. That and Rollin' and Scratchin'. It's that kind of ascetic pursuit of electronic ideals that it reaches high art.

Holy shit.
Neil Rodgers was supposed to feature on it.

That's old news but reading it might be released this spring is almost unreal...It's been AGES (not talking about Tron nor Alive 2007)

"Daft Punk. TBA. Sony" is just asking for nothing but apathy from me. Last time I got excited for new Daft Punk, Human After All occurred.

I don't own anything by Daft Punk, not sure why, I remember listening to their first album when it first came out but that's about it.

I still like Discovery a lot more. Their first album is like a great house 12" compilation imo, I rather listen to their singles and their solo releases than Homework.

Human After All was such a fucking letdown - I listened to the remixes of that album probably 10x more than the LP itself. They really rebounded after that with their live shows and the Tron soundtrack.

Their first two albums influenced and inspired SO much retro-sounding, pristine, and apologetically fun house and dance music - think about 2005-2007 or so - DFA, Ed Banger, Kitsune - just about any hyped club music in the mid-00s and arguably even EDM now. Daft Punk shaped so much of that, especially once big beat lost appeal so quickly. I dearly hope they make something closer to the Tron OST and don't just re-hash their trademark sound. Fingers crossed.

Edited by joshuatx

"Daft Punk. TBA. Sony" is just asking for nothing but apathy from me. Last time I got excited for new Daft Punk, Human After All occurred.

I don't own anything by Daft Punk, not sure why, I remember listening to their first album when it first came out but that's about it.

I still like Discovery a lot more. Their first album is like a great house 12" compilation imo, I rather listen to their singles and their solo releases than Homework.

Human After All was such a fucking letdown - I listened to the remixes of that album probably 10x more than the LP itself. They really rebounded after that with their live shows and the Tron soundtrack.

Their first two albums influenced and inspired SO much retro-sounding, pristine, and apologetically fun house and dance music - think about 2005-2007 or so - DFA, Ed Banger, Kitsune - just about any hyped club music in the mid-00s and arguably even EDM now. Daft Punk shaped so much of that, especially once big beat lost appeal so quickly. I dearly hope they make something closer to the Tron OST and don't just re-hash their trademark sound. Fingers crossed.

i can agree with pretty much all of this. This music is fun and silly but they're good enough producers to pull it off effortlessly. Didn't listen to TRON OST because it all sounded too much like human after all. (which i still think has 2-3 ok to good tracks.)

Guest igloos unlmtd

Yeah, I agree Discovery is the only great album that they've made.

Josh really nailed it & I enjoyed his perspective, I don't think Kingdom in ATX would be as thumpin' on Friday & Saturday nights if Daft Punk didn't reinvigorate the scene & usher in the newer era of House.

The fact is - great albums are few & far between. No matter if its Daft, BoC, Avalanches or MBV behind the controls... I don't get as worried about my favorite bands not producing albums as some people do.. Chances are the next great album I hear isn't going to be from one of those bands. It will fall out of the sky from some unknown by surprise. It always does...

Yeah, I agree Discovery is the only great album that they've made.

Josh really nailed it & I enjoyed his perspective, I don't think Kingdom in ATX would be as thumpin' on Friday & Saturday nights if Daft Punk didn't reinvigorate the scene & usher in the newer era of House.

The fact is - great albums are few & far between. No matter if its Daft, BoC, Avalanches or MBV behind the controls... I don't get as worried about my favorite bands not producing albums as some people do.. Chances are the next great album I hear isn't going to be from one of those bands. It will fall out of the sky from some unknown by surprise. It always does...

srry bit of a lol there

Discovery is fucking great apart for harder, better.... jesus i hate that song pre and post kanye.

Guest igloos unlmtd

yeah, i know.. the point i was making was they are one of the bands that hasn't made a record in years & people get worked up about... that's all. I did like their album though but they aren't really peers in a majestic sense with those other bands.. & I bet when they release another one it will be a bit of a let down.

& yeah again, there are some still some songs to skip on discovery. kanye mr. hipster was only like 8 years late to that party. lol

Guest extherium

I take Human After All for what it is.

An album of new material to put out before their world tour. Get people familiar enough with it so they cream their pants when they drop it live.

In that regard it works. HAA is just material for playing live, essentially.

It's been a long time. Rather than plunging headlong into brostep I hope they furtively suggest all that has occurred in dance music since HAA was released whilst remaining tolerable to listen to... Homework and Discovery are gems.