IGNORED

What do you like about electronic music?

Guest FortyTwo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's asking because he doesn't listen to electronic music. You're talking to someone who likes 80's hair metal.

Why do you like 80's hair metal?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Experimentation. Rich and alien textures. Strange beats that aren't possible with human performers.

For me, it's the near infinite possibilities of timbre. To be able to use any sound and texture is liberating.

"They're about guns, lasers, robots with laser guns in space. Monsters from the future. Explosions. Sylvester Stallone doing a backflip on top of a spike while Robocop carries a ghost up a mountain. Bombs and swords and that... electronic music is awesome"

all these. plus the rhythms.

When your listen to like a track for like 2 minutes or so and you know you just hear this sort of whooooshing noise and it get louder and louder until the whole track is basically a whooooooshing noise and the it gets so loud its nearly hurting your ears but then before it become unbearable it breaks out in to thisKAKAKKAKAKKAOOOOOOOW KAKAKAKAKAOOOOOOOOOOW OOOOOOOOW KAKAKAKAKA OWOOOOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW

and 303

Guest ruiagnelo

hm. like the quote that someone posted in gernal banter before, something like : lyrics in rock,pop, whatever, tells a story. and electronic music gives you the feeling of that story. somethin like that. aye aye

Gotta agree with that :cisfor:

I like it when it goes BoomtshBoomtsh Crrrrr crrrr cc cc cboommxxxbomboobmmmmmmmmmm whickelelelelelleleeeel bombombombombombts tsts ts ts oontz tsts tsts BOOMtsh tsBOOMtsh tBOOMtsh BOOOOOOM click

Sort of off topic, but what I find interesting about that video is the bit where he talks about how plain the raw output of his synths are, considering he's sitting in a room full of gear analog purists would give acclaim to for it's organic, varying sound. I wonder if this is because we've had another three decades to pick up on the subtle nuances of synth waveforms, or if our standards haves just dropped over time.

Archived