IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

yea pretty good episode. the whole part with the two little girls losing their father was cringeworthy though.

oh yea. poorly acted. But I like how Carol turned it into a "learning" moment. You got to stick the knife right here girls. She's becoming a twisted take on the den mother.

Poor Tyreese, hopefully he got some before his chick was incinerated.

I should say I was drunk while watching.

I don't think he did :(

I have to agree. I thought that acapella would drop her panties. Wasn't meant to be.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

um, i don't know what's happening, but after a decent and strong previous season this one is shaping up real fucking bad. The forced exposition dialog of all these characters that we've never seen before is just really poorly done. The acting is suffering I think only because of how poor the scripts have been for the last 2 episodes. The tone in these 2 episodes seems in some ways like a cheap soap opera, the way they keep jumping between different superficial character dramatic arcs (that were never fleshed out to begin with) seems ultra hokey. Im actually shocked. Season 2 at least had decent writing when it was in it's 'boring' phase.
In Season 2 I got a similar vibe when we first met all the people on the farm, but we knew who they ALL were more or less, we cared about them when they died. This feels way different almost like we're on the Star Trek ship, and anybody who dies is a red shirt that no one gives a true fuck about, but then we're forced to care about them with a 30 second speech.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

This feels way different almost like we're on the Star Trek ship, and anybody who dies is a red shirt that no one gives a true fuck about, but then we're forced to care about them with a 30 second speech.

lol, that's exactly the impression I've been getting.

The show is still entertaining but I don't really care about any of the characters. Or the plot.

edit - The one thing I like the most about this season is seeing how they've tried to make a little microsociety in the prison. I like seeing them try to succeed at farming and educating youth in the zombie apocalypse.

Edited by Boxus

yeah but not like this soap opera shit. At least in campy horror movies like that, we're not given a 1 minute speech on WHY we're supposed to care about them 'take care of my kids when i die, bla bla bla' It's honestly really insulting to me

and if this new show runner (the producer I talked about above) is actually the dude in control of the ship, it explains a great deal why the first two episodes have been extremely haphazard and low qual. The guy seemed like an extremely detached from reality corporate suit. Whoever gave him the keys to the castle is probably regretting it already

edit - The one thing I like the most about this season is seeing how they've tried to make a little microsociety in the prison. I like seeing them try to succeed at farming and educating youth in the zombie apocalypse.

in theory i like that, but why isn't anybody helping Rick farm? You would think in any sort of post apocalyptic micro society there would be some form of collective labor and duites,, but nope, there's rick just toiling away in the sun taking care of the pigs and picking turnips and digging trenches, seriously what the fuck?

yeah but not like this soap opera shit. At least in campy horror movies like that, we're not given a 1 minute speech on WHY we're supposed to care about them 'take care of my kids when i die, bla bla bla' It's honestly really insulting to me

and if this new show runner (the producer I talked about above) is actually the dude in control of the ship, it explains a great deal why the first two episodes have been extremely haphazard and low qual. The guy seemed like an extremely detached from reality corporate suit. Whoever gave him the keys to the castle is probably regretting it already

I actually don't think AMC cares about what happens to this cash cow as long as continues to draw viewers, which it will, because (a) everyone honestly just wants to see some zombie carnage, and (b) most of the viewership would think this show is brilliantly written anyway. It's stuff like Rubicon that apparently gives AMC night terrors; this show is just money in the bank.

I mean, people actually thought World War Z was a good movie, so....

Edited by baph

Rubicon

:sad:

:cry:

And this season has been a fucking trainwreck, except for the scene last ep with the car getting stuck on zombie mounds. Everything else makes me hate this show now. I hope everyone dies and they start with a new cast next season.

Rubicon

:sad:

:cry:

And this season has been a fucking trainwreck, except for the scene last ep with the car getting stuck on zombie mounds. Everything else makes me hate this show now. I hope everyone dies and they start with a new cast next season.

I'm curious to see what Tyrese & Bob do to Daryl for making such an obvious play on Michonne right in front of them.

On a side note, the suits that are producing this show right now are lol. They keep rolling up out for Talking Dead. AND, Marilyn Manson last night. ROFL. Jack osbourne actually took several digs on the show which was rather humorous with the suit sitting next to him. They might change the show name to Talking Trainwreck.

in theory i like that, but why isn't anybody helping Rick farm? You would think in any sort of post apocalyptic micro society there would be some form of collective labor and duites,, but nope, there's rick just toiling away in the sun taking care of the pigs and picking turnips and digging trenches, seriously what the fuck?

haha, true - it's not thought out well enough to be realistic, but I can still appreciate that side of the show. Unfortunately the last episode featured even less of the daily Zombie Prison Farm antics.

So far I like both odd-numbered seasons of the show and dislike both even-numbered seasons. Hopefully 4 will get better and break this pattern, somehow.

Soooo glad they got rid of Carol, she almost made me stop watching.

Got a feeling she will be back. Maybe longer hair next time & more militant.

Soooo glad they got rid of Carol, she almost made me stop watching.

Got a feeling she will be back. Maybe longer hair next time & more militant.

She'll be back, for sure. Who knows, maybe she'll find the governor and team up.

I admit, this season has gotten a few groans out of me, but it's still enjoyable. How seriously can one take a show about zombies?

It is also kinda funny how the producers think robbing cast members from The Wire will smooth over the gaps. Cutty and D'Angelo were 2 of my faves, so I'm cool with it.

I just expect to hear someone whistling " The Farmer In The Dell" off in the distance one of these episodes and have it turn out to be Omar. How dope would what be?

Edited by J3FF3R00

not diggin this new show runner. if they stretch every fucking storyline out to two seasons, we'll never get to Negan, or the amputation, etc etc etc

I totally forgot this show was based on a comic book!

I just went to Wikipedia to check on how different the plots were and it seems like stuff starts to differ wildly after Lori has her baby / the governor's attack, etcetera.

I kinda stopped reading, just in case there were major spoilers.

Are you complete with the story line in the comic?

Did that singing blond girl die or sommat? Like accidentally shot? Saw a fluffy dress fall down, but then a cutaway to Carl and Rick, and then an entirely different brunette woman in a fluffy dress as a zombie on return to the interior scene. And then, twenty minutes later, a zombie that looked like singing blond girl? The editing on this show is really sloppy sometimes. Or maybe my brain just checked out halfway through. Entirely possible. She could have died two weeks ago and I probably didn't even notice.

Or I guess she's in the non-quarantine block with the frigging baby? Ok, yeah, obviously I'm not even paying attention. Carry on.

Carl and Daryl and Michonne are the only characters I can even bring myself to care about, and they're already broadcasting that they're going to ruin Michonne by making her crave a baby because she's womenfolk and can't just be a badass who happens to have a vag and doesn't afraid of anything.

Edited by baph