IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

Lame way to kill Governor. So no Rick amputation, no Governor castration from Michonne's sword (that was always iffy) but yeah where are the zombies at the fence, where is the 10,000 strong herd? They set shit up and forget about it next episode.

Scott Wilson's days were numbered, he had way too many DUIs since season 2.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I watched the episode, I started commenting on everything at some point even though I was watching it alone, I couldn't silently take the bullshit it was pulling! It's definitely a show to watch with friends and use as a drinking game. Every time something ridiculously stupid happens or you can predict a line of dialogue, have a shot glass full of beer, that'll get you shitfaced in no time.

The annoying thing about the show is that the very first episode was actually good! Go back and re-watch it, I dare you!

I know how shows get a higher budget for the pilot, or how the quality gradually gets worse (LOST-syndrome) but TWD is really pushing it! The cinematography is better, the writing is better, the acting is better (black dude with his kid, probably too expensive to keep around), the whole atmosphere is better, the whole way the zombies are presented is a lot more threatening - It probably was done by a whole different team. The first episode tricks you into thinking you're in for something good, and that feeling lasted for two and a half seasons for me! I re-watched s1e1 with my girlfriend because she's madly into the Telltale TWD-Game (which is fantastic by the way) and she was pleasantly surprised by it, but when s1e2 was on for maybe half an hour, she was like "You do realize this turned to bullshit already, right?" and I felt like an idiot for not noticing it the first time round. Real embarrassing! Damn you, TWD!

What kinda name is Hershel anyway.

Agreed on the pilot. Was probably the best of the series. They shot their load early I gather. The rest that followed was & is pretty pedestrian.

Would the show be better if Durabont didn't get the axe? Who knows, probably not.

I think what it boils down to, zombie orientated media is best done in a movie format really. The drama presented in Walking Dead isn't all that compelling with no care for any of the characters really. That's me though.

so i watched teh season 4 episodes, what a shit this is! well most of the time.

the governor's journey was mildly interesting at first but then everything went so cringey from when he started taking over that camp..

wtf was that deadly flu thing? was it all just spun to show what a saint herr schell was? never give up the stuff, good advice heh? thanks yoda.

apart from that it felt mostly like filler-sidequests in a game. we need the potion from there. bring this to there. oh noz, zombies....

also yeah lol @ the zombie infestation outside the fence. very convenient that they finally got in at some point, so rick and cworrghll could mow them all down, to make room for the tank.

• 2 months later...

fucking great episode tonight. stripped down. focused on survival. hardly any soundtrack music. no pop songs. loved it.

I guess they had time to take feedback and re-dub the soundtrack.

Or their music budget was cut.

Sounds good - Im only on episode 4 of season 4, need to do a bit of a catch up.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

"The fourth season has been well received by critics. Based on 29 reviews collected by Rotten Tomatoes, season 4 received an average 93% overall "Certified Fresh" approval rating"

lol

I thought last night's was terrible. I actually don't see myself even finishing this season because I feel like a zombie while watching it.

Edited by jules

I thought last night's was terrible. I actually don't see myself even finishing this season because I feel like a zombie while watching it.

plot:

carl falls down

michonne walks

You missed out the plot twist of eating pudding.

*carl's sad pudding music*

*andrew lincoln's randy marsh impression*

I feel like this show has brief flashes where it reaches a special level of unintentional ridiculousness, but for the most part it's not there yet

I think Michonne's dream scene is probably the best scene in the series along with the tank scene of the first episode. Regular horror cuts, but cool transition in lighting and other details like katana in the kitchen, unfocused dialogues.

I think Michonne's dream scene is probably the best scene in the series along with the tank scene of the first episode. Regular horror cuts, but cool transition in lighting and other details like katana in the kitchen, unfocused dialogues.

Yeah, it was surprisingly adequate. It probably wouldn't have stood out as even competent if the rest of the show wasn't such a train wreck, though.

It was very nice of the writers to give Danai Gurira a bit of actual material in addition to the usual

EXT. FOREST - DAY

Michonne walks somewhere, looks like a badass. Also: swords.

Edited by baph

i knew they had been burning through every possible zombie-movie trope, but I never expected them to actually do a dramatic representation of that scene from Shaun of the Dead where they fake out the audience with a zombie-like wheezy tired voice to make you think the person was actually a zombie. A scene meant to be extremely dramatic and sad was almost parody level comedy (unintentionally) this show is a fucking disaster

the michonne dream scene was pretty good, but man the 'tension' between Rick and his son was so forced in and heavy handed it got tiring after like 30 seconds to 1 minute. The fact that they literally did it for the whole episode until the kid realized he was 'scared' was just so painfully badly written.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

I think Michonne's dream scene is probably the best scene in the series along with the tank scene of the first episode.

What? The acting was fucking atrocious.

Sometimes that's a good thing for a dream scene.

I kind of enjoyed last week's ep but this week's?????

This show has shot itself in the face like an over used trope.

I loved the fake out with Maggie in the bus.

I mean I hated that stupid shit.

The Airing Dead.