IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

the last one wasn't too bad actually, though i don't understand why they decided to spend about 2/3 of the time to dwell on the dying of the character no one cares about.

Yeah, it started to feel like filler. I felt bad for Sasha though.

I think they were spending time with Bob to use his monologues to juxtapose the brutality in which they dispatched Gareth & crew. Bob taking the humanistic, somewhat optimistic vision when facing death contrasted with the stabby, stabby of Rick & Sasha (losing their humanity). Ofcourse it was done in the haphazard way the walking dead does that kind of thing. Also, I was drunk while watching & may have imagined whatever the hell synopsis I'm writing about.

Edited by olo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They should do a "meanwhile, over in Iceland" episode, where everyone is fine and doesnt have a clue about the zombie apocalypse going down, other than the fact that the rest of the world seems to be not worrying them and they are cool with that.

Edited by feltcher

They should do a "meanwhile, over in Iceland" episode, where everyone is fine and doesnt have a clue about the zombie apocalypse going down, other than the fact that the rest of the world seems to be not worrying them and they are cool with that.

The show should have always been about a complete world view, not a shite microcosm of Georgia. Would have been 2 expensive to do though.

The show should have always been about a complete world view, not a shite microcosm of Georgia. Would have been 2 expensive to do though.

Games of Thrones begs to differ. Their investment seems to have paid off.

i dunno, i was starting to like bob a little. his transition from alcoholic who got a guy killed trying to score booze, feeling sorry for himself etc, to being at least temporarily optimistic was some kind of progression at least. but it's obviously why they did it- to try to make you care about him before killing him off.

great idea

olo, I think you're right about Bob's function as a foil for their descent into barbarianism. Especially with his last words, or lack thereof. Basically the whole world is going to shit, and everyone has to be more vicious to survive against truly evil people like the Governor and the Terminoids. Rick's capacity for forgiveness has shriveled. Also calling the church "just four walls and a roof". There's not much room left now for erring on the side of kindness and gentleness.

I totally disagree about the setting though. Maybe just not having spent much time in the South, the mystery and wildness of it (e.g. the sparseness of the buildings, the backwoods moonshine operation) serves the mood of the story really well for me. Limiting the changes in scenery also improves focus on the characters.

Games of Thrones begs to differ. Their investment seems to have paid off.

Got a point there.

I totally disagree about the setting though. Maybe just not having spent much time in the South, the mystery and wildness of it (e.g. the sparseness of the buildings, the backwoods moonshine operation) serves the mood of the story really well for me. Limiting the changes in scenery also improves focus on the characters.

Another valid point. But the sparseness has worn out it's welcome for me. I'm tired of this church in the middle of nowhere, this prison (in the middle of nowhere), etc (in the middle of nowhere)...It's just becoming this or that set piece in a forest. But whatevs.

Feltcher had a valid point about the final point you stated above. But yes, focusing on characters is the reason the show is the way it is. It's unfortunate I don't really care about any of the characters though. Well...except Daryll...he's dreamy :wub: