IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

"this show sucks i've been watching it for multiple seasons and it never gets good who would waste their time with this shit here's my 10 paragraph review of this week's episode"

what a cock tease!?!?! I want to read your ten paragraphs of hate!

Edited by Atop

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't actually have one because i don't invest time in things i don't care for just so i can write faux blog reviews on a messageboard

says the guy who is complaining about people complaining. You're reviewing the people in this thread.

shit is meta, yo

Edited by LimpyLoo

The death of Lizzy gave me flashbacks to Of Mice and Men.

Ha, yes! I was trying to remember the name of that book as I watched.

This season has been brutally bad for the most part, but I thought this episode was sort of interesting.

Who's Lizzy?
I had to watch 28 Days Later after watching last night's episode... Just to remind myself how well composed entertainment about zombies can be.
Also, what the fuck is up with the sound design on this show? I'll have to find the scene I'm thinking of and upload it because...holy hell... The way they turn down the volume on all the background ambiences as soon as someone starts to talk and then immediately turns them back up again when the person stops talking is absolutely terrible.

Does anyone remember Dead Set? What a great show.

I really really really hate this.

The way they turn down the volume on all the background ambiences as soon as someone starts to talk and then immediately turns them back up again when the person stops talking is absolutely terrible.

It's one of the only series where you can actually afford to miss a few episodes. I caught the one where they killed the little girl but missed the previous two at least. Nothing.

The Walking Dead: Viewers per episode (in thousands)

154f9dd9c481160855aa681bea2710dc.png

• Season 1 (2010): Viewers of the first airing on AMC in the U.S. on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET
  • Season 2 (2011–12): Viewers of the first airing on AMC in the U.S. on Sunday at 9:00 pm ET
  • Season 3 (2012–13): Viewers of the first airing on AMC in the U.S. on Sunday at 9:00 pm ET
  • Season 4 (2013–14): Viewers of the first airing on AMC in the U.S. on Sunday at 9:00 pm ET

Decrease in quality = Increase in viewers?

The Walking Dead: Viewers per episode (in thousands)

154f9dd9c481160855aa681bea2710dc.png

• Season 1 (2010): Viewers of the first airing on AMC in the U.S. on Sunday at 10:00 pm ET
  • Season 2 (2011–12): Viewers of the first airing on AMC in the U.S. on Sunday at 9:00 pm ET
  • Season 3 (2012–13): Viewers of the first airing on AMC in the U.S. on Sunday at 9:00 pm ET
  • Season 4 (2013–14): Viewers of the first airing on AMC in the U.S. on Sunday at 9:00 pm ET

Decrease in quality = Increase in viewers?

Most people I hear talking about this show IRL describe it as the best show ever.

Humanity is more fucked than any zombie entertainment franchise understands.

i don't actually have one because i don't invest time in things i don't care for just so i can write faux blog reviews on a messageboard

says the guy who is complaining about people complaining. You're reviewing the people in this thread.

shit is meta, yo

exactly, stop hatin on me man, if I want to hate on a show that should be good because the post apocalypse can be interesting, then I will as an AMERICAN FREEDOM RANGER, I WILL WATCH IT AND HATE IT!

METAWATCH

Who's Lizzy?

I had to watch 28 Days Later after watching last night's episode... Just to remind myself how well composed entertainment about zombies can be.

Also, what the fuck is up with the sound design on this show? I'll have to find the scene I'm thinking of and upload it because...holy hell... The way they turn down the volume on all the background ambiences as soon as someone starts to talk and then immediately turns them back up again when the person stops talking is absolutely terrible.

See, Squee watches it to hate on it as well.

AND HE AINT EVEN AN AMERICAN FREEDOM RANGER!

Have not seen Dead Set, will be checken!

Haha, I watch it because I know how good the show can be (ie first episode, season one) and just like Lost, I'll keep watching it no matter how fucking terrible it is... Oooor... I dunno? Let's see how terrible the last episode is and we'll take it from there.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

He did a poo in the bin and it stank

There's supposed to be a major death, AMC heads gave it a trepadatious go ahead. The curtain will close on Rick is my guess. The promo is Rick heavy & he's on Talking Dead after the finale. no more "CARL!", "KERL!", "KRRRRRLLLL!"

yeah i think rick is on the way out. 3 seasons seems enough for him. he has been sidelined recently so he could bow out. the talking dead announcement cemented it - although last time someone died and they were on talking dead, did they actually announce they would be on?

He did a poo in the bin and it stank

There's supposed to be a major death, AMC heads gave it a trepadatious go ahead. The curtain will close on Rick is my guess. The promo is Rick heavy & he's on Talking Dead after the finale. no more "CARL!", "KERL!", "KRRRRRLLLL!"

yeah i think rick is on the way out. 3 seasons seems enough for him. he has been sidelined recently so he could bow out. the talking dead announcement cemented it - although last time someone died and they were on talking dead, did they actually announce they would be on?

Not sure about all the deaths, but I think most were set to appear on the show when it correlates to their characters demise. Daryl's bro, Hershel etc.

I don't think Rick has appeared on talking dead to this point, which leads me to think he takes one to the dome. Don't particularly care, just wack somebody/ies at this point.

Edited by olo

"they're screwing with the wrong people"

fucking what? lol, gg.

The five minute dramatic pause before he actually delivered the line made it that much worse (better?).

Had quite the laugh at how stealthily Joe's group of misfit bandits snuck up on Rick & Michonne without making barely a noise.

and no major character death...bullshit