IGNORED

Anodyne 'Close Your Eyes' (Autechre Remix)

psycho

the ae remix is very similar to the original.. with the inclusion of real drums? pads are nice though but that hasn't changed

really? i'm pretty sure they have changed. you obviously haven't heard the 24bit WAV version

Stop rubbing it in. The pads are darker I think.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the ae remix is very similar to the original.. with the inclusion of real drums? pads are nice though but that hasn't changed

really? i'm pretty sure they have changed. you obviously haven't heard the 24bit WAV version

Stop rubbing it in. The pads are darker I think.

don't worry, chassis, oscillik is just showing off, as usual. ;P

it's funny how people think they can really hear so much more going on in a 24 bit Wav than anything else, lol..

people only buy it cos it's "the best", even though most probably couldn't tell the difference between a high quality MP3 and a WAV.

but yeah i agree, i think the pads are slightly darker (heavier) and more resonant . lol :)

What if perhaps they could actually hear more in a 24bit file? We're not all deaf you know

True, but I'm yet to find anyone who has passed an ABX test with mp3s vs wavs with any conclusive percentage.

What if perhaps they could actually hear more in a 24bit file? We're not all deaf you know

True, but I'm yet to find anyone who has passed an ABX test with mp3s vs wavs with any conclusive percentage.

it's difficult for a person to distinguish when they are hearing the song for the first time.

give me a track that i enjoy that ive committed to and listened to over and over again ... to the point where i have completed it in memory, and then give me the lossy copy and im happy to do a test.

it's incredibly difficult for someone hearing something like idm and doing a test because they don't know "what it is supposed to sound like".

with conventional music, it's a bit easier.

a properly treated room makes all of the difference in a controlled test environment.

great! elusive, this is what you should do: pick any track you think you know from inside out. have a lossy and lossless copy , fire up foobar or something and do an ABX test. please post results in this thread.

Guest Greg Reason

Fuck me, the 'high fidelity is stupid' argument rears it's ugly head again

Seriously guys if you can't hear the difference that's fine, let's leave it there

Not being a smug motherfucker but this is such a stupid argument

More generally spoken people cannot statistically prove to distinguish a high quality lossy codec from the "original". It's ridiculous, really. I'm not saying I would buy lossy stuff. I buy the best available quality because from that point I can transcode to whatever target device at whatever quality I want.

BTW bought the EP on bleep. It's 2010, and Warp did neither understand metadata (give us flac, man!) nor "imagery". Shame.

with conventional music, it's a bit easier.

a properly treated room makes all of the difference in a controlled test environment.

and of course we all have one of those.

oscillik has 3 ;)

lol

my work here is done

oscillik, you bastard. (lol)

Double facepalm. As a flac the EP is 300 MB. Warp's pkzipped WAVs are 460 MB. :facepalm: :facepalm:

number one reason Bleep have stopped doing FLAC downloads: compatibility.

there are still people out there who have no idea what FLAC is or how to decode it. in this modern day and age of decent internet connections, the trade off between downloading a FLAC or a WAV is quite minimal (a difference of 160MB in your example is nothing these days). yes it is annoying to have to tag stuff yourself, but then again Warp never tagged their FLACs when they did sell FLAC encodes.

as people have said to me: man up

You know what I'm going to do?

Im going to buy the wav's of this EP. Then I'm going to open LAME and rip myself some nice 128's and play them really loud. And you know what, I wont give a shit about watmm.

You know what I'm going to do?

Im going to buy the wav's of this EP. Then I'm going to open LAME and rip myself some nice 128's and play them really loud. And you know what, I wont give a shit about watmm.

lol. well good for you, chassis.. then you might get some other shit done too!

but buy whatever you want. just don't be fooled into spending more than really you need to, is all. :)

EP's pretty pants anyway, tho.. i wouldn't bother....

oscillik sent me the black dog mix.... dunno wtf they're about anymore. it was shit, imo. really uninteresting.

the end was like watching some bad tv program.. with the shit background music they always use. awfully unimpressed. :(

Totally disagree with you sirch! One of BD's finer moments in my opinion. The ending is stunning to say the least.

Anyway I could say more but i'll stop there..

The reason why I dropped by today was to let the rest of you know that were into the the last few days of the special price at bleep.com for the 7 remix package. The price will increase this coming Monday when it becomes officially available through all the usual download stores(Itunes,Beatport,Juno,Amazon...)so if you haven't bought it as yet save yourself a few pound and grab it now!

K

What Boomkat.com thinks

Remixes of Dublin's Anodyne, headed up by an awesome atmospheric Breakbeat 'Ardcore mix from Autechre, plus more from The Black Dog, Ed Devane and Lackluster. It really is all about that Autechre mix here, gazing back to the halcyon daze of '92 with sped up HipHop breaks and a vast, brainwiping synthline harking back to 'Eutow'. The Black Dog have a hard act to follow but do so in style with a lithe techno rolling version, while Ed Devane goes all flashcore jungle and Lackluster give a proggy IDM mix. Highly recommended - especially for that Ae track.

http://boomkat.com/downloads/331654-anodyne-autechre-the-black-dog-anodyne-remix-ep

Archived