IGNORED

Exposure 14 (Ambient/IDM Mix)

Guest Salvinorin

Guest Salvinorin

Hey guys, long-time lurker (3+ years) occasional poster here. I've been an ambient DJ for a while now - I play opening time slots at the lounge rooms of nightclubs, and stuff like that. Anyways, I've recently come out with a mix called "Exposure 14," which you can listen to streaming here. Normally I wouldn't bother you guys with this stuff, but I've actually entered the mix into a contest for a DJ timeslot to play at London's L.E.D. festival. And I'm in second place - to a guy whose mix features Akon, Katy Perry, and Britney Spears. I feel like it would better serve the music community to feature some Ambient/IDM at London's festival than just to have a guy play what you hear on the mainstream radio.

The page where you can listen to the mix is here: http://www.letsmix.com/mix/45960/exposure_14

Here's the tracklist - there's a few names you might recognize:

1. Low Profile Society - Example 4

2. Boards of Canada - In a Beautiful Place out in the Country

3. Aphex Twin - I

4. Cliff Martinez - Is That What Everybody Else Wants?

5. The Flashbulb - Suspended in a Sunbeam

6. Jon Hopkins - Vessel

7. Loess - Retinue

8. Pete Namlook - While Angels Sleep

9. Flying Lotus - Tea Leaf Dancers

10. Burial & Four Tet - Moth

Once again, sorry to bother you with this if you are not interested - but you guys have the best taste in this kind of music of any online community, so I thought a few of you might enjoy it. And if you do, take a minute to vote on it using the 5-star rating system at the top left of the page. If you're not interested, or you don't like it, please let me know why!

Guest Salvinorin

Looks like a tasty set.

Yeah, I'm pretty proud of it. Took me a looong time to get it to the point where I was satisfied with it.

Guest 277: 930-933

This is not Party music for festival, sorry 1 star :(

JK Voted 5 stars.

Is it available for download anywhere as well?

Guest Salvinorin

This is not Party music for festival, sorry 1 star :(

JK Voted 5 stars.

Is it available for download anywhere as well?

Thanks! And yes, you can download a 320kbps mp3 of the mix here: http://exposure.medma.us/item.php?mix=14

Though I do encourage people who go straight to the mp3 to still vote on the contest please :aphexsign:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Salvinorin

Thanks - will check this out. Love C. Martinez!!! What is he up to, anyone know?

That's a good question. Let me know if you find out

Thanks - will check this out. Love C. Martinez!!! What is he up to, anyone know?

That's a good question. Let me know if you find out

He did a score recently, First Snow, very atmospheric ambient soundtrack, well worth getting!

But I don't have any more recent news. Best to check http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0553498/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived