IGNORED

rappers getting their tattoos removed

Rubin Farr

Guest Backson

The only tattoos I currently have are stuff from my childhood that I'll know I'll love for the rest of my life. Plus, I thought about it a long time before actually getting them done. I've gotten at least one every year since I started.

Pictures!

Or should we start a member tattoos thread?

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

I also have the broken heart logo that's on Scud's chest in the same spot:

Scud%20The%20Disposable%20Assassin%2008%20-%20Black%20Magic%20Woman%20-%2001-326x500.png

I hope you never regret that megaman one

I probably won't. I love that series.

nice, 8 bit tattooos look great.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like tattoos and piercings. only oneish tattoos and a heap of piercings. but i do it because, for one, i enjoy the experience and secondly they have meaning to me, even the little pieces of metal. I will get more tattoos once i have more money. Most of the time you can spot a douche who got a tattoo to be hard or interesting from a mile away.

you're going to get judged either way. fuck it.

Awesome! I love 8-bit tattoos.

I made this shirt a while back and thought about getting it tattooed somewhere like an arm or something but never did.

n1182019724_100008_8684.jpg

That's a sweet shirt.

I'm getting this guy on my wrist soon:

Final_Fantasy___Black_Mage_by_8bitgallery.jpg

whoa is that from the first final fantasy?

I like tattoos and piercings. only oneish tattoos and a heap of piercings. but i do it because, for one, i enjoy the experience and secondly they have meaning to me, even the little pieces of metal. I will get more tattoos once i have more money. Most of the time you can spot a douche who got a tattoo to be hard or interesting from a mile away.

av-156.gif

Ahh I remember the original thread when that Megaman tattoo was done! Love it, it's great. Does it still look as sharp and crisp as it first did? Proper nicely done tattoo that, talented artist

:beer:

Yeah, that's the black wizard from FF.

I need to get the Mega Men retouched because they're getting a little warped around the edges. It's mostly due to me losing a ton of weight and being outside all of the time. Still looks good, though. I just started a new job, so after I'm done playing catch up, I'm getting more tattoos pronto.

Guest Jay Rikoshae

@Jules: You have a sweet avatar, Maynard is the shit.

@Braintree: The Megaman and 8 bit tattoo's I dislike.

@MasonicBoom: IDK if I like it or not, Im not too fond of that location unless its a half sleeve.

And as for ON TOPIC: No, most rappers or performers of any kind arent gonna remove tattoos because of the movie bizz. It just isnt gonna happen.

I personally agree that LA on Games face is stupid but I DO like Waynes facial tatoos.

I don't like tattoos because if I made them 10 years ago I would hate them today for sure. But that megaman / mushroom one is really nice

Never even came close to considering it. Just have no interest in putting something on my body. Even some childhood personal thing... those things are stuck in my head anyway, whats the point of having a reminder? But tattoos don't bother me either, I actually like some of them... i'm just an introvert about the whole thing I guess...

Does that make me cool now? lol

I like tattoos and piercings. only oneish tattoos and a heap of piercings. but i do it for the rush, the adaptation and the backwardness of the act. I will get more tattoos once i have more money. Most of the time you can spot a douche who got a tattoo to be hard or interesting from a mile away.

fixed it for you, and I agree: most of the time you can spot a douche with the "hard tattoo" a mile away.

What if the Hanja is correct and the bearer knows what it means? And what if they got it done using the simplified Chinese of mainland modern China? Or in Korea, where the Hanja is much closer to the classical Chinese script? It could look different and still be correct.

i spent quite a few years studying japanese and along the way learning some of the classical characters to go along with it.. and it is true.. you see a lot of badly done chinese characters. 'simplified' chinese, cantonese characters and japanese characters still share a lot of similarities and still are drawn in a specific way, in a specific order. what is subtle and unapparent to the untrained western eye can make all the difference in the world, for example, just changing the direction of a single stroke.

also people pull out a random character for something they like, not knowing that it sounds banal and idiotic in the native asian language. a perfect example would be like some foreign person with a fetish for all things western getting the word 'cheeze' tattoed on their arm or something

I'm not gonna argue the point that a lot of people get dumb ass chinese characters for tattoos - all I was saying was there are different ways of writing Chinese characters - for example the Chinese character for "country" (as in nation) is quite different in its classical form and simplified form, or for a more typical example the character for "love" is similar but there are differences between the classical and simplified.

Never even came close to considering it. Just have no interest in putting something on my body. Even some childhood personal thing... those things are stuck in my head anyway, whats the point of having a reminder? But tattoos don't bother me either, I actually like some of them... i'm just an introvert about the whole thing I guess...

avatat-1.jpg

avatat-1.jpg

shizuneshock2345678987-1.jpg

I like tattoos and piercings. only oneish tattoos and a heap of piercings. but i do it for the rush, the adaptation and the backwardness of the act. I will get more tattoos once i have more money. Most of the time you can spot a douche who got a tattoo to be hard or interesting from a mile away.

fixed it for you, and I agree: most of the time you can spot a douche with the "hard tattoo" a mile away.

that's pretty much it. the rush i got from getting the PA was amazing. almost all of my piercings are hidden. my tongue and eyebrow are the only two that are visible at all unless i'm topless or naked. rush, adaptation, faggottry.

I'm not gonna argue the point that a lot of people get dumb ass chinese characters for tattoos - all I was saying was there are different ways of writing Chinese characters - for example the Chinese character for "country" (as in nation) is quite different in its classical form and simplified form, or for a more typical example the character for "love" is similar but there are differences between the classical and simplified.

Yeah, not to be overly technical but I guess to explain better (uh i was a kanji nerd so i apologize in advance).. it's true simplified characters chinese characters are written differently.. but many are still based on what they call 'radicals'.. that is a smaller set of about 200 (well really in practice maybe 100) basic shapes that are combined to make the thousands of characters in use. Frequently simplified characters substitute simpler radicals in place of more complex ones ('country' is a perfect example of this). Which still all follow the same basic rules and stroke order. Basically, most people versed in Asian languages can easily decipher characters in simplified, cantonese or japanese.

I saw a person a while ago with the chinese character for what I assume was supposed to be 'eternity' on their shoulder. Except it was written wrong and it actually was closer to 'ice' or 'swim' or something. The difference is like a matter of a few subtle strokes that I bet most untrained eyes would have difficulty seeing. I'd be very leary about getting just anyone to tattoo an asian character on me!

Guest enxyme

I wish I hadn't got mine...

But I wear them proudly as a sign that you aren't who you used to be...

Archived