IGNORED

wedding music

Guest Franklin

Guest Franklin

ok all,

I'm getting married next week. the only thing i'm really in charge of is the music for both the actual wedding part (no here comes the bride bullshit for me) and the signing of the whatever book + the whole party dinner afterwards... i think I've got most of the latter covered with a shit ton of ambient stuff. But what sort of classical stuff is just so beautiful it needs to be played while my gorgeous bride is walking down the aisle?

i need about 4 songs worth. I can probably edit them but I might ask for help with that too!

love,

F

Guest Franklin

nono don't think of it that way... likely it will serve as a jumping board or as a reminder of the wicked music i've forgotten about. I've had a few knocks about the head and don't remember things like i used to.

Guest Z_B_Z

nono don't think of it that way... likely it will serve as a jumping board or as a reminder of the wicked music i've forgotten about. I've had a few knocks about the head and don't remember things like i used to.

ah ok i get what youre saying.. ill think about it a bit and see if anything comes to me

Guest Franklin

zbz also keep in mind most people just go with the "duh duh da dah, duh da da dah" bullshit anyway so even if you come up with something i havent heard of it would be still be as original as the classic wedding score right!

stick to the basics... the humpty dance and it takes 2.

Classics, though since it is summer, might I suggest a Miami Bass classic, such as tootsie roll, whoop there it is or c'mon ride the train. Perhaps a lovely megamix of those three?

On a serious note, I've already been working on this for my wedding in October, and we're using a song already suggested in this thread. :ok:

my wife walked down the isle to the last song on the fountain soundtrack (together we live forever) its a beautiful piano only song. we also played nin's la mer and adrift and at peace while people were seated and others walked down the isle.

one other thing we did was play tool's intermission off of aenema while we did the cake thing. we got a lot of puzzled looks and laughs for that one. it was great.

have fun with it.

But what sort of classical stuff is just so beautiful it needs to be played while my gorgeous bride is walking down the aisle?

i need about 4 songs worth. I can probably edit them but I might ask for help with that too!

congrats dude. i think you should play some bossa nova. check these out:

[youtubehd]5U_K8ZmqpY8[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]18J6A1w01II[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]kxLlmItVhFQ[/youtubehd]

just buy this cd, beautiful music for summer.

Astrud Gilberto´s finest hour

we had a Catholic wedding, so we were constrained in our choices to no secular music, but here are our choices in case you would want to consider them:

SEATING OF THE MOTHERS…………….... Ave Maria (Bach)

BRIDAL PARTY……………………………..……. Canon in D

PRESENTATION OF THE BRIDE…………...Trumpet Voluntary

COMMUNION……………………Panis Angelicus

MARIAN ADORATION…………………... Ave Maria (Schubert)

RECESSIONAL…….……Hornpipe from Water Music

we had a kick-ass vocalist who sang opera-style, her ave maria was awesome.

Archived