IGNORED

Share With Me Your Sleep Deprivation Experiences

oyster

Here comes the part where I feel obligated to tell you all I had 22 days awake when withdrawing cold turkey from methadone and no one believes me, or says I had "micro-sleeps", whatever the fuck that is.

Well a micro-sleep isn't the same as sleeping so they're b.s.ing you.. it's kind of like blanking out for a fraction of a second.. Pretty much anyone microsleeps if they stay up even for like a day. If you feel yourself suddenly tripped out a bit, you've probably just had a microsleep. Wikipedia it if you like.

I believe you because I know. It's a shame the doctors on the psych ward thought I was full of shit. 22 days.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got very sick when I was about 21-22 and the worst of it prevented me from sleeping for four days. I just remember being constantly fatigued, lethargic and 'out of it' in a sense that I was thinking about something else rather than the subject at hand. No hallucinations except thinking that I was seeing things out of the corner of my eye and paranoia.

5 days with nothing but caffeine.

Lots of hallucinations, mostly auditory. After about two and a half days, just massively tired, and yes sooo irritable.

Nowadays i always try and ge at least 2 hours sleep a night. Usually shoot for four though, as two hours is just not enough for memory purposes.

haha sparklerweg. de triangel et al. good memories! i've spent quite some time there too (awake). the story of the deathly fall must've been before my time though.

the prison 500m away is a nice gritty touch, and he was snorting ketamine of a windowsill, apparently. asking for it.

it was in the old sportlife factory visible from the metro.

ive done four days on nice mdma, 3 days was drug induced, the fourth day i tried to sleep but still couldnt, i got a little worried. tripped out, then had a nice 12 hour crash, felt fine when i woke up. i never do it intentionally, but sometimes theres just a good motherfucker of a weekend occuring.

Just a few months ago.. dead week of just my first year of architecture school.. Worked through 2 consecutive all-nighters. So 3 days?

I'm going to die 3rd year [the notoriously brutual year for us workload wise..]

I did close to 3 days (68 hours) my junior year of college, trying to finish up some pieces and get them ready for my year-end review. Since I worked through the first 65 hours, I was fine, but the last three I had to go to class and that is when all of the weirdness happened: numbness in limbs, muffled hearing, blurred vision (very much like being under water), everything undulated slightly and I saw lots of weird stuff in my peripheral vision. As soon as class was over I went straight to my dorm and was out like a light as soon as my head hit the pillow. Slept for 17 hours the first night, 14 the next, 12, etc. tapering back to my normal 7-8 hours a night after about 5 days.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've done over 48hrs probably but not on purpose, don't know why you would want to stay awake. Being awake when tired is very unpleasant and you're not really awake in any useful sense. Even if I'm on a big weekend of doing stupid stuff I'll catch a few hours somewhere because otherwise I can't really function properly.

yeah it makes me feel good, not bad. it often makes me want to go on hefty walks aswell, oddly. this is just like after 40 hoursish im talking about though, ive only done ridiculous 3-4 day stints 2-3 times. also finally falling asleep is beautiful.

although ive begun to suspect im aneamic, need to go and get a test done. i can sleep for upto 18 hours sober without a break, and then also nap a few times after i wake up from it.

I've always feel great after staying up an entire day. It puts me into a blissful delirium... maybe delirium's the wrong word, but the world acquires a kind of magical surreal quality to it, and I feel connected to it in a positive way. I'm not sure I've ever gone a full 48 hours though. There was a period while I was manic where I was functioning on an hour of sleep or so per night. I just had inexhaustible energy, and my mental faculties never seemed to be hindered by the sleep dep. But yeah, that was a special time... Most of the time I need a few cups of coffee to function throughout the day.

yeah it makes me feel good, not bad. it often makes me want to go on hefty walks aswell, oddly. this is just like after 40 hoursish im talking about though, ive only done ridiculous 3-4 day stints 2-3 times. also finally falling asleep is beautiful.

i think it really depends on what you're errrr... up to. i've done 48 and gone for lengthy walks and felt my body was full of dirty horrible chemicals. i've also done 48 and gone for lengthy walks and was blown away by the diversity of nature, the diversity of human constructs, and the fascinating way they interact.

I've always feel great after staying up an entire day. It puts me into a blissful delirium... maybe delirium's the wrong word, but the world acquires a kind of magical surreal quality to it, and I feel connected to it in a positive way. I'm not sure I've ever gone a full 48 hours though. There was a period while I was manic where I was functioning on an hour of sleep or so per night. I just had inexhaustible energy, and my mental faculties never seemed to be hindered by the sleep dep. But yeah, that was a special time... Most of the time I need a few cups of coffee to function throughout the day.

see, i think it would be wicked to be an insomniac. as long as i wouldn't tire like a lot do with it i could get a lot done...

I dunno I stayed up for a day/missed one night's sleep and there was a period of I dunno 2 months where I made a track every night and didn't go to sleep until they were 'finished'. Making a weird track and then waking up the next morning with no recollection of what it sounded like is a cool feeling

see, i think it would be wicked to be an insomniac. as long as i wouldn't tire like a lot do with it i could get a lot done...

Yeah, that would be ideal. I mostly just went on adventures and bizarre mental tangents, all the while noticing coincidences occurring and patterns emerging all around me. I'd never felt more alive, but unfortunately after a while delusions and other weirdness kicked into high gear. Next time it happens I hope to focus my energies on something artistic, rather than on everything else. That just becomes overwhelming, as fun as it is for a while.

If you're looking for ways to alter your consciousness that don't involve ingesting substances, there are much, much better (and healthier) ways.

acting really bizarre and doing fucking strange things is the best way to get high on life

Archived