IGNORED

DJ sound effects

YEK

what are some good sfx for dj's to drop during there set

i got the air horn.... the rewind might be good too

what are good and what are overused

dialogue from obscure 70's drama films, swedish, french or possibly slavik. other than that you'll need some nice and fat fart, burp and laser sounds. maybe some south american soccer commentary?

also, don't forget your harmonica, for improvising over everything.

i don't like sound fx in dj sets. they always break the mood for me.

i have a reggae mix that has way too many sirens and lasers and explosions... it sucks when i'm listening to it loud in a car... those parts would embarrass me.

dialogue from obscure 70's drama films, swedish, french or possibly slavik. other than that you'll need some nice and fat fart, burp and laser sounds. maybe some south american soccer commentary?

i thought that maybe coughing, burping, puking would be fun

That really depends on what you're playing. Acid?

That really depends on what you're playing. Acid?

acid reflux..

sample a load of stuff from waking life/donnie darko/matrix so when you're bringing it down with some introspective psy-pads you can start making people goosebump, one love style. also maybe throw in a couple of friendly black guy shouts of "DJ!", "are you ready?" or "awwww here we go!". also, bonus pro tip - print these off and stick them on your laptop;

beatfreak_dj_logo_card-p137233810624892624q0yk_400.jpg

dj.jpg

dj-1.jpg

l_864173e143a5424bb8ce83d891af1425.jpg

DJ1.gif

i overuse retrigger/delay FX but nothing makes me cringe more than some minimal DJ fucking around with an EQ or filter to an over intoxicated crowd who then cheer when the inevitable bass kicks back in, yaaaaaawn.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Its handy to have some subtle ones or something to cover up when you do a bad mix, but other than that its just annoying

Archived