Pass me an ice cold glass of wine

So I can get mellow, lay back

And let my girl play the cello

Hello

I hate jello

Let me be me

Relaxin' by TV

Watch a Hardy Boys mystery

my god. fucking ace this was the shit back in my young days. thanks for posting!

Aceyalone

Aesop Rock

Antipop Consortium

Atmosphere

Beans

Blueprint

Buck 65

Cecil Otter

cLOUDDEAD

Dalek

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien

Dilated Peoples

Doomtree

Dr. Octagon (Kool Keith)

The dynoSpectrum

El-P

Jurassic 5

Madvillain

MF DOOM

Mos Def

Mr. Lif

P.O.S.

The Pharcyde

The Roots

Soul Position

Toki Wright

Ribbz has always been my favourite.

Probably unknown to anyone outside of the Hard Techno scene and not really what sort of MC this thread seems to be based around but I'll give you my opinion anyhow. He did what he was supposed to. He got the crowd going more than anyone I've ever heard, which is saying something. He got people on their feet and dancing. He definately had a knack for it.

my god. fucking ace this was the shit back in my young days. thanks for posting!

Props fellow old dude - hiphop was so fucking great back in the 80s / early 90s. I remember watching D-Nice tear it up on Arsinio Hall! Can believe fucker is doing ripoff cash advance commercials now (Arsenio, not D-Nice)

icp

marcus eoin

Somehow I think your stay here at watmm is gonna work out :trashbear:

Props fellow old dude - hiphop was so fucking great back in the 80s / early 90s. I remember watching D-Nice tear it up on Arsinio Hall! Can believe fucker is doing ripoff cash advance commercials now (Arsenio, not D-Nice)

icp

marcus eoin

Somehow I think your stay here at watmm is gonna work out :trashbear:

lol, d-nice on the cash advance commercials would hacve been better. he could play the atm like an 808.

fellow old dude, ha, yea, i was in hs for nice and smooth

Makes me sit and wonder, once-upon-a-time all I ever did was listen to hip-hop and nothing else. That was about 20 years ago though and since then I discovered 'everything else', yet hip-hop for some reason died within me. Sometimes it bugs me, but mostly whenever I hear hip-hop, I just cannot relate to it. Maybe because I lived my life to the full and what a lot of rappers have to say to me, just doesn't compute or interest me anymore. I dunno.

Either way, here's some few bits of hip-hop I have heard that I genuinly love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hQGzYHwPzk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRFq5s7OrnE

(Violent by Design just blows my brains)

And most of Roots Manuva.

My ears are always open.....

No love for Lord Quas*?

Definitely one of the most original around, even if his flow isn't always the freshest.

*yes I know, he's madlib

MUCH love for Quas here. I love Madlib's 'own' vocals as well without the helium, almost soothing and refreshingly free of the gangsta shit.

Archived