IGNORED

Brian Eno - Small Craft on a Milk Sea

Guest extherium

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

horse is great

In other news, as previously reported, Eno is currently spending a year collaborating with Icelandic experimental artist Ben Frost as part of a Rolex initiative. As part of their collaboration, Eno and graphic artist Nick Robertson will provide "film manipulations" during performances of "Music for Solaris", a new piece by Frost and composer Daníel Bjarnason with the Polish orchestra Sinfonietta Cracovia.

"Music for Solaris" celebrates the 50th anniversary of the novel Solaris by Polish writer Stanislaw Lem. The film manipulations will include moments from director Andrei Tarkovsky's 1972 adaptation of the book. The piece debuts October 24 in Krakow, as part of the Unsound Festival, and it'll be recorded for release on the Icelandic label Bedroom Community. The piece will also come to New York next April 6-10 as part of the Unsound Festival New York.

:w00t:

watmm's reaction

before samples: meh

after samples: ooh i am so buying it yea

i'm still not buying it. the whole principle behind the £250 Eno, and the way that the £250 Eno was sold, i find it offensive as a music listener to be expected to drop even fucking £60 for the only available vinyl version of the music.

i will say this though, and i'll say it loud.

i'm going to pirate the shit out of it. and then i'm not even going to listen to it.

watmm's reaction

i'm still not buying it. the whole principle behind the £250 Eno, and the way that the £250 Eno was sold, i find it offensive as a music listener to be expected to drop even fucking £60 for the only available vinyl version of the music.

i'm going to pirate the shit out of it. and then i'm not even going to listen to it.

LOL

Guest beatfanatic

watmm's reaction

This except the not listening part.

I like the vinyl package so I will buy the cheap vinyl. but I am not in a hurry

cheap vinyl?

at £60 it is worse value for money than the Warp20 box set. let's recap exactly what you get for your money:

£60 Eno

2x12" 180 gram vinyl edition of the album (15 tracks).

1xCD of the album (15 tracks, same as the vinyl).

1xBonus CD (4 tracks, exclusive to the limited editions {including the £250 Eno}).

"High Quality" Lithograph artwork printed on thicker-than-the-girth-of-your-penis Mohawk® Superfine stock.

Audiophile quality downloads so you can pontificate about being able to hear those extra 8 bits of audio.

All of this presented in a "rigid" slipcase with printed and foil-blocked cover and spine.

£85 Warp20

2xCD Warp20 Chosen (23 tracks)

2xCD Warp20 Recreated (20 tracks)

1xCD Warp20 Elemental (13 tracks, exclusive to this set)

3x10" Warp20 Unheard (11 tracks)

2x10" Warp20 Infinite (50 locked grooves, exclusive to this set)

1xBook Warp20 (1989-2009) The Complete Catalogue (exclusive to this set)

320Kbps MP3 download of the Warp20 Unheard (since Warp pulled a fast one and decided to release this as a CD after the boxset)

All of this presented in a "rigid" slipcase with printed cover.

considering the amount of people that were complaining about the lack of value for money that the Warp20 box set was, there should be more people complaining about this.

had there been a standard edition of the Eno on vinyl, i wouldn't feel so vehemently angry over this. it wouldn't even have had to be a 180 gram pressing.

fuck you Brian "£250" Eno

Archived