IGNORED

Chuck Person - Chuck Person's Eccojams Vol. 1 (Cassette, 2010)

posture

eccojams.png

If any of you by chance stumbled upon the wonderful videos/music by the youtube user sunsetcorp(http://www.youtube.com/user/sunsetcorp) and you love what you've heard(Nobody Here, Angel, Demoral ect.) then you must check out this release. I purchased it a week ago, and it just arrived, and I am so happy I have the songs I heard on youtube on cassette. I can tell right now I am going to wear this cassette down.

More info here: http://thecuratorialclub.blogspot.com/2010/08/tcc011-chuck-persons-eccojams-volume1.html

• 6 years later...

spore was waaaaay ahead of us all!

happy accident while searching for something else, it doesn't matter anyway (You know it's just too little too late)

haha this is funny, said tape in the OP goes for ridiculous amounts on discogs.

Yeah $400 is typical. tape distro Tomentosa found a copy and sold it for that much in less than a day. I know a guy who spent 3 figures on it partly because he didn't want to to be flipped anymore.

Lazy question: is there currently a way to legally download this, preferably in lossless?

Legally no but there's such a fanbase that multiple tape rips have emerged, in fact IIRC the more common rip floating around is a little slower than the intended speed and in the wrong pitch. Tape decks do that if the motors are a bit off. 

This is the best one, Asterite Edition: the uploader ripped using a Nakamichi and then time-stretched adjusted to match the sunset corp tracks uploaded on youtube by 0PN. There's a dead link there but a .flac copy should be around the interwebs.

The long-released 256k rip is all I've ever seen or heard

you'd think one of the geeks who own a copy would've made a decently set-up lossless rip of it by now, but hey, maybe doing it like that ^ is the true vaporwave way.

The long-released 256k rip is all I've ever seen or heard

you'd think one of the geeks who own a copy would've made a decently set-up lossless rip of it by now, but hey, maybe doing it like that ^ is the true vaporwave way.

The rip I posted about did that. Remastered, pitch-corrected, and released in both 320 and flac from .wav tape rip off a high-quality Nakamichi.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Careful there m8, that website emits mad 'seems-legit' vibes, like no link-back to an official channel (yet pilfering one for it's url - pointnever.com) and a carefully worded "copyright" of  "© 2016 ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER - MERCH."

Sorry Miss Nicks, yr royalty check's gonna have to wait  :cattears:

The link got tweeted (well retweeted the below) by the man himself so probably legit (either that or he retweeted the link in shock at the gall of someone ripping him off in such an extravagant way)

I want to believe, but I'll wager this is an interloper trying to make a quick buck off the OPN fanbouillabaisse by propping up a just-convincing-enough storefront.  And then some (probably unpaid) neu-media intern picks it up as being on "OPN’s site."  Check out the root domain "bigcartel.com".  It's exactly the kind of place to set up an operation like this.

Sorry, I misread the part about who retwit whom, and yeah I'd also guess it was re-tweeted cynically. How can Daniel get ripped off if he can't make money off it himself?  I'm no IP law buff but I can think of no possible way for an official release of this (without investing absurd amounts of cash and time that could never be recouped in sales).

I want to believe, but I'll wager this is an interloper trying to make a quick buck off the OPN fanbouillabaisse by propping up a just-convincing-enough storefront.  And then some (probably unpaid) neu-media intern picks it up as being on "OPN’s site."  Check out the root domain "bigcartel.com".  It's exactly the kind of place to set up an operation like this.

Was there really an "original" tweet? Dainel pls

go here http://pointnever.com/ and click on 'merch'

it's good to be wary of scams but this is legit

I stand corrected.  Guess I remain wary from the fake bandcamp that had it up for about a day a few years back.

Aye I remember that - Made me discover lots of cracking Vektroid stuff that claimed to be the same person: https://vektroid.bandcamp.com/ (including my favourite of any eccojam-esque loop, very Caretaker esque actually: https://vektroid.bandcamp.com/track/forever )

Archived