Robots: The Future is Scary.

chaosmachine

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robot folds 5 towels in 1 hour 40 minutes

(video plays at 50x speed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy5g33S0Gzo

who cares if it takes an hour and 40 minutes, at least you're not having to do it yourself.

The fact that it does it at all is the important part because you know it'll be 40 minutes in about 2 years time and in 5 years it'll be 10.

Guest Funktion

those big dog robots dont scare me. all you have to is target your tow cables and aim for the legs. that or pay a midget to saber its bottom open and throw a thermal grenade inside its godless metal guts.

I don't get why they all want to create a bipedal robot.

Humans have always had a drive to create things in their own image.

Considering your shared love of the movie Blade Runner, I would have suspected you knew this...

I dont buy into the whole robots are scary thing. People watch too many movies. I think we will merge with machines and all the action will be between the luddite movement (which will gain momementum as we begin to start fucking with what it means to be human) and people who evolve with the technology like we always have done. People seem to be imagining a future where totally unmodified humans are at war with these amazing robots, it's just not going to happen.

who cares if it takes an hour and 40 minutes, at least you're not having to do it yourself.

The fact that it does it at all is the important part because you know it'll be 40 minutes in about 2 years time and in 5 years it'll be 10.

I'm really glad they're focusing on towels because the worldwide unfolded towel situation is getting really fucking serious now

yindeed, and in 10 years time it'll look like a cute model whilst doing it. ;-]

Snake robots guys... We're basically fucked

[youtubehd]8VLjDjXzTiU[/youtubehd]

If I were trapped underneath a pile of rubble from a building with one of my legs crushed beyond repair and a collapsed lung, seeing one of these things slowly wiggle towards me wouldn't make me feel better.

All these bipedal ones are always really camp

I have never seen you do a picture of a homosexual biped robot being haunted by a ghost made of human feces.

I hope you know what to do.

If we don't develop bipedal robots how is Robocop going to get carry a ghost up a mountain?

That needs to be done if you expect Sylvester Stallone to do a back-flip off a spike.

• 5 months later...

Pretty damn impressive. A couple of things, obviously the hair, a few facial ticks look really machine like - but it almost looks like they're on the far side of the valley....

robots are always so disappointingly unimpressive .

wheres the robot that is actually useful? rather than just being a robot .

yknow? i want to see the robot that cooks and cleans and plays with the children and can grow and learn and have relationships and eventually become aware of its own existence .

Pretty damn impressive. A couple of things, obviously the hair, a few facial ticks look really machine like - but it almost looks like they're on the far side of the valley....

yes I agree, because instead of wanting to kill it with fire, i just kind of laughed and smiled at it, like it was a silly man or something

Guest Babar

yes I agree, because instead of wanting to kill it with fire, i just kind of laughed and smiled at it, like it was a silly man or something

at 00:19 ! they implemented a dumb face ! waht a great achievement.

otherwise. i was watching diamond league starcraft replays with a friend and i thought : later, these guys are going to be hired by the government to control armies of robots.

wheres the robot that is actually useful?

inside factories

Guest Rambo

wheres the robot that is actually useful?

inside factories

lol i was going to say the same thing. You should speak to all the unemployed people if you want to know about useful robots.

Archived