IGNORED

Strange Pictures Thread

Redruth

your catscan looks just like an album cover from this year, I just can't remember what it is.

There's another scan of the cat where she moved during the process, I decided I'm gonna use it as cover for a film, if I ever make a film with a related topic

looks like that one from mr 76ix

this one?

http://www.discogs.com/Mr-76ix-Hits-Of-76ix-Par2/master/84703

he's on skam, I've never heard of him though - is he good?

yup that's it. yea he's good. the first 2 at least. I haven't heard anything aside from those but I wore them out, especially the first album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWvZw1F6qMM

And her entire channel!! :w00t:

looks and sounds like something a Watmm would make.

weird. years ago, dead eros gave me some music by a girl called "jen" and it was just like this. i'm glad she's still making music, if it's her. . here, judge for yourself . .

"spaz final"

http://256hz.com/music/jen%20-%20spaz_final.mp3

"where is my mommy"

http://256hz.com/music/jen%20-%20whereismymommy_1.mp3

Guest futuregirlfriend

There was a TV show way back that you might have enjoyed, Troon. It was called Strange but True. It was presented by British ufologist Michael Aspel (so maybe of interest to ET too). Perhaps you can put dvd box set on your Christmas list, I believe you're one of God's children. Anyway, here's a taster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_cQjdjF_dA

"He had this terrifying expression, I can only describe it as whatever he last saw really terrified him."

Later Aspel had a "prank" TV show which we've chosen to forget over here. In "This is your life" he would visit hospital wards rousing people out of comas, after friends had "set them up," trying to jog their memory with a mixture of true facts from their life and memorable scenes from Hollywood Blockbusters. You can probably find a few vhs ripped clips on YouTube.

I'll leave you with this Person I May Know

154707_170143289680482_100000544353345_461788_3136470_n.jpg

156000_171880652840079_100000544353345_471486_978515_n.jpg

She's only 30, Troon. Strange, but true? I'll let you make up your own mind.

And I scanned my cat, it's also a strange picture

katzlegs2.jpg

so that's what a catscan looks like

:emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by david

PH-800px-Moeraki_Boulders_NZ.jpg

Moeraki Boulders detail, South Island, New Zealand [ Photo by MSeses / CC BY-SA 3.0 ]

They occur scattered either as isolated or clusters of boulders within a stretch of beach where they have been protected in a scientific reserve. The erosion by wave action of mudstone, comprising local bedrock and landslides, frequently exposes embedded isolated boulders. These boulders are grey-colored septarian concretions, which have been exhumed from the mudstone enclosing them and concentrated on the beach by coastal erosion. Local Māori legends explained the boulders as the remains of eel baskets, calabashes, and kumara washed ashore from the wreck of an Arai-te-uru, a large sailing canoe. This legend tells of the rocky shoals that extend seaward from Shag Point as being the petrified hull of this wreck and a nearby rocky promontory as being the body of the canoe's captain. In 1848 W.B.D. Mantell sketched the beach and its boulders, more numerous than now. (based on a wikipedia article / cc by-sa)

PH-800px-Fargo_Sundogs_2_18_09.jpg

Sundogs in Fargo, North Dakota. Taken February 18th, 2009. [ Photo by Gopherboy6956 / public domain ]

A sun dog or sundog (scientific name parhelion, plural parhelia, from Greek parēlion, (παρήλιον), παρά(beside) + ήλιος(sun), "beside the sun"; also called a mock sun) is an atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring or halo on either side of the sun. The poet Aratus (Phaenomena 880-891) mentions parhelia as part of his catalogue of Weather Signs; for him, they can indicate rain, wind, or an approaching storm. Be it so, said Tubero; and since you invite me to discussion, and present the opportunity, let us first examine, before any one else arrives, what can be the nature of the parhelion, or double sun, which was mentioned in the senate. (based on a wikipedia article / cc by-sa)

Kawah Ijen by night

Photographer Olivier Grunewald has recently made several trips into the sulfur mine in the crater of the Kawah Ijen volcano in East Java, Indonesia, bringing with him equipment to capture surreal images lit by moonlight, torches, and the blue flames of burning molten sulfur. Covered last year in the Big Picture (in daylight), the miners of the 2,600 meter tall (8,660ft) Kawah Ijen volcano trek up to the crater, then down to the shore of a 200-meter-deep crater lake of sulfuric acid, where they retrieve heavy chunks of pure sulfur to carry back to a weighing station. Mr. Grunewald has been kind enough to share with us the following other-worldly photos of these men as they do their hazardous work under the light of the moon.

k01_00000077.jpg

k03_00000015.jpg

k04_00000024.jpg

k05_00000045.jpg

k06_00000022.jpg

k07_00000029.jpg

k09_00000017.jpg

k10_00000006.jpg

k16_00000037.jpg

k22_00000082.jpg

k23_00000083.jpg

k25_00000092.jpg