IGNORED

REALITY CHECK: IDM stars have rubbish personalities

Guest Promo

I think the interviewer has a lot to do with it. If they seem to gel with the interviewee then obviously the conversation will be deeper and both people will feel more comfortable.

Also the questions matter too. If the person gets the same bullshit mean-nothing questions all the time that everyone's already heard then how can the person answer in an upbeat manor.

It should be done by people with huge interest in hte artist and should work like a conversation where you can just let the artist just keep talking about something they really care about.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a similar attitude from Cylob but we were very drunk and blagging the poor man although he did at least make an effort

Arron Funk - very friendly nice wacky chap until he realised I knew who he was then he blanked me and fucked off

Tim Exile - dude

Ceephax - fun dude

DMX Krew - very friendly dude

Luke Vibert - nice chappy dude

Grant Wilson Claridge - regular dude

Global Goon - humble dude

Rob Hall - nice dude

Scotch Egg - uber dude

Borgore - cheeky chappie

could really give a shit about there personality. To be honest, im not suprised in the least. Making tracks since you're what like 17, 18 or 19. Spending most of your hours a day tucked away in whatever you call your "studio". Its not exactly the kind of lifestyle that allows a personality to flourish.

Give em a break, no ones perfect.

Also Cylobs probably pissed because he fell so far from the tree that he help create.

I'd fucking hate to be interviewed by someone who had all these bitesize facts about you written on a piece of paper... Especially if its the same old shit interviewers always bring up (lulz, you live in a bank??? you stole your dead brothers name??? you actually drive around in a tank???)

Basically if I was in the same position as Richard or Vsnares, I'd be trolling the interviewers too.

learn from the pros...

Since when is it a surprise that people who are really good at electronic music are pretty often socially inept weirdos?

same goes for a lot of artists (in general).

lol at judging people by shitty youtube interviews. I had a chat with richard and he is a really nice guy.

Ditto. i thought he was a nice enough guy too. we talked about all sorts of shit and he wasn't evasive or awkward. just really chilled out.

could really give a shit about there personality. To be honest, im not suprised in the least. Making tracks since you're what like 17, 18 or 19. Spending most of your hours a day tucked away in whatever you call your "studio". Its not exactly the kind of lifestyle that allows a personality to flourish.

13/14 in RDJ case, isn't it? (eg. SAW 85-92) i'd say RDJ didn't really expect or want to suddenly become as famous as he did/is.

Guest Scrambled Ears

Scrambled Ears are you talking to me or to Promo?

promo...

who cares if someone is liable to really be the hero you imagined...the whole "nice" thing is bullshit. its a wonder that people actually expect those roided out WWE stars to be nice to their kids when they run into them in the airport and then bitch when they wont take pictures because theyve been on a red-eye layovers and care fuck-all about some brainless twirp. some people even go so far to say its their job but in the case of music clearly the game has changed just look @ BoC

Maybe RDJ is so nervous in those interviews cause he admits to doing Drugs. If I did drugs and I admitted it on air I would be paranoid as fuck.

Guest Dirty Protest

I wanted to smash RDJ in the face when I met him. Cylob wouldnt do the birdy song with me at a Shitmat gig, bad show. Jenkinsons are sound. Luke Vibert is the loveliest motherfucker on the planet.

i have spoken to

Sean Booth (autechre)

Adrian Blacow (VHS Head)

Kris Blacow (White Mask)

Andy Maddocks (SKAM)

Hanal (SKAM)

and you know what? i'm not even gonna mention what they're like as people. do you know why? not because i'm being a pretentious cunt and flashing names off and then gonna reel off some spiel about "they were great/crap" (both descriptions there were not applicable anyway). i'm not mentioning, because this thread is quite teh fail.

fact of the matter is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTYsElEGswc

This is just a masturbation thread to make promo feel better. This shit is an attack on individuals. Why isnt this locked.

You know what I'd happily bet you that I'm a millions times more tolerant of people, religions or people views than you. But you're angry and stuff so whatever I say you're gonna disagree with I suspect.

Anyways I don't mind if Joyrex locks the thread. I said what I wanted to say. And people have the freedom to make of it what they will.

Oh and Chassis if think you're holier than thou, better than me and everyone else here then just make sure you don't critise a single person ever again okay. Simple. ;-)

Love ya.

Archived