IGNORED

whats the point

vamos scorcho

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is everyone on this forum on some sort of medication???

That, alcohol, or more illicit substances I'm afraid.

This hipster is clean, and that's what I advise you to become, a vegan straight edge hipster.

okay that's cool. that's cool. I used to know a guy who asked for blowjobs when he was playing COD. That's fucking unrespectful.

okay that's cool. that's cool. I used to know a guy who asked for blowjobs when he was playing COD. That's fucking unrespectful.

Was he playing online giving everyone a running commentary?

where do you live? How often do you leave? How much money/possessions do you have? Do your possessions mean much to you? How do you leave when you leave? Where and why do you go? I'd say you should waste your money getting yourself stranded somewhere, hook up with some roving crusties, waste time, etc. Get into urban exploration or something. Take on an anti-money ideal or something. Just break your current cycle of monotony and create a new one. Rove from one inspired obsession to another as all things gradually take on a jaded. Also, like every other soulless hipster these days, cling onto media (especially video games) you loved when you were little and over analyze the aesthetics in them. Base your artistic production on the honorific mutation of nostalgia and you'll fit into the growing waves of conceptual scenes. The next decade may show trends toward an meme/information economy. Try to build and live off of cheap ass strategies like the ones on here: http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/

idk

don't worry

be happy

I just watched part of a tour-of-auswich vid done by a holocaust denier that used a german rendition of this song. The "oooh-ooh-ooh" bit was changed to "liiiiie-lie-lie-lie..." It was classy. Yep.

Anyway, you've basically got to make your own point. Propagation-of-the-species works great for most of the animal kingdom, but unfortunately we're cursed with the ability to think and be creative, and therefore be critical towards our own species. So propagation-of-the-species doesn't necessarily cut it for a lot of us. You can try to find something/someone you love and do it as much as possible, or find something else that keeps you most effectively distracted from shit that troubles you. Failing that, there's always medication/therapy... OR if you're unhappy, try changing various things in your life, because it may be that you just need to relinquish the monotony of a life you're overly accustomed to. It sounds trite, but love of any kind really can make all the difference, and it (obviously) doesn't have to be romantic love. If you have anything to love, you've got a purpose. If you don't, you've got something to keep searching for. And if that doesn't interest you, perhaps go the hedonistic route... though that's often bad advice. It works for some people.

If you have anything to love, you've got a purpose. If you don't, you've got something to keep searching for. And if that doesn't interest you, perhaps go the hedonistic route... though that's often bad advice. It works for some people.

Just do what everyone else does: fake it till you make it. Become a deluded asshole who lives in a fantasy world.

I swear, the most effective medication for dazed and confused genY-Z babyboomer spawn is further avoiding the traditional idea of 'growing up' and returning to the warm commercially shaped fetal state. It is possible that the conception of success and achievement that was fostered by the middle ground between neocons and neolibs is on its last legs, and millions of pampered 20somethings are discovering the deep voids in their personas. Many of them go the self-righteous route by latching onto 'free' media clouds (think of the the small, but strong youth presence in the burningman ethic). But I am convinced that that piece of bread is getting stale. Reading Terence McKenna and getting dreadlocks has become passe. So without translating the millenial team-spirit into collective peer-pressure-ish altruism, what is left to keep your drive going? Here is my suggestion: an option for this generation of fucktards is to discard most of their identity in total, and retreat into the happy blanket of media that raised them from a babe. A type of inane centeredness can be achieved by filling all the holes where our sense of purpose used to reside with media, media, media. As our identities continue to digitize and manifest themselves in exterior electronics, this will become even clearer.

So basically, I'm a fucktard, and a portion of my growing metacortex has accepted the mundane, and now its prime directive seems to be collectivizing/picking-n-choosing all sorts of aesthetic memes from my subconscious and clothing my naked soul with a comfy bathrobe fashioned from them.

Guest Gbiscuit

I just watched 'I Am Alive: Surviving the Andes Plane Crash' on History, and it made me think of how humans can be such faggots even though they have everything they need - and more.

Now THAT was uplifting.

goforth.jpg

:emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9:

When all else fails, grow a beard. :snares:

Seriously, anytime I'm feeling down these days, I look in the mirror, see I've got a forest of pubic hair growing out of my face, and feel a little better. Or you can just grab a fistful of it and feel awesome. Beards can't bring you happiness, but I believe they can increase it by up to 20%.

I have been there, man, and it sucks a great deal. I have found instead of trying to some conclude logical "plot" to life and its meaning, its better to simply explore it. Direct experience over conceptual meandering. And the more you feel that "what the hell is all this for" on a less detached, conceptual level, it becomes a lot more interesting. In a way, it becomes more of a meaningful mystery than a painful absurdity. So don't try to push away all this wonder about consciousness, reality, life etc. Use it as an impetus to live more fully.

And don't be afraid of therapy or medication, and feel that you just have to "man up" all the time. Remember that you don't always have to be on medication or be in therapy, but it might help at a certain point in your life.

For any situations involving this sort of frustration I would recommend looking into meditation. Mindfulness meditation and Zen Buddhism have both helped me a great deal. In fact, Zen Buddhism's direct approach with problems of "why am I here, who am I, etc." is what attracted it to me in the first place. (It 'isn't just all about being calm!) And sorry if this seems like I'm trying to sell some religion or -ism to you, I'm only saying this because it has helped me with these problems you seem to be having. Make what you will of that.

And of course, art/music/creative endeavors are always a step in the right direction.

Best of luck, hang in there dude.

I have been there, man, and it sucks a great deal. I have found instead of trying to some conclude logical "plot" to life and its meaning, its better to simply explore it. Direct experience over conceptual meandering. And the more you feel that "what the hell is all this for" on a less detached, conceptual level, it becomes a lot more interesting. In a way, it becomes more of a meaningful mystery than a painful absurdity. So don't try to push away all this wonder about consciousness, reality, life etc. Use it as an impetus to live more fully.

This. That is my view also. There is no point in life other than the experience of life/consciousness/reality and when you think about it's damn weird and awesome and worth using all your lifetime exploring.

Archived