IGNORED

The Dark Knight Rises

Rubin Farr

I love the Inception soundtrack.

I remember falling in love with some of Zimmer's work because of True Romance.

Yeah all of the Nolan Batman films scores are top notch.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and as always with Movie OSTs some of my favorite cues are absent from even the deluxe edition of the score :(

the music playing with Gordon is escaping from the hospital was epic, can't find it anywhere on the album

what was the point of posting those last 3 youtube videos?

I think he's trying to say that he thinks those are better than Hans Zimmer's work. Personally i think Zimmer has really grown - his scores are awesome - not grandiose bullshit that try to overpower the scene (like all three of those examples lol). Inception - Time, especially - is understated but has just a perfect amount of impact.

TDKR score is pretty awesome - really does a great job of creating mood.

Just saw the movie. I really liked it, though I'm very bummed that I hadn't bothered to finish "Batman Begins" in its entirety. Nothing from that movie mattered in the second film, but a lot of it mattered in this one.

And yea, This trilogy would definitely not be anywhere as intense without the amazing soundtrack.

Oh yea, that Robin shit was stupid as hell. Should've just made whats-his-face the second coming of the bat man. Would've made Bruce Wayne's apathy of putting a name to the man under the costume more meaningful imo.

You know they filmed a scene where he gets run over by the tumbler and bounces off the roof? It looked alright, probably not instant-death though. But for some reason Nolan went with Miranda inside the vehicle just saying 'shoot, shoot, shoot him'... and then a cut to a sleeping Matthew Modine. Why did Miranda really give a fuck to shoot a lazy police sergeant anyway? I don't think they'd ever shared a scene.

I thought she said "Shoot them". Cause she felt they were up to no good, and to solidify the recently-found fact that she's was indeed an asshole.

yeah i heard 'them' too, doesn't make the scene any less wtf though, in the sense that the character they try to make you slightly concerned for, played by Modine is just laying there dead. You don't see him dying. I mean even the Avengers shows a major character breathing his last breath. For a movie so dark and visceral it's surprising how little people major characters you actually see die. One of the most disturbing deaths in TDKR happens off screen when Bane breaks daggat's neck.

I do think it has something to do with how a filmmaker has to walk a fine line with the MPAA. The more blood squibs you show the more likely you are to get an R rating. If you imply a lot of real people dying you probably are pushing an R to a certain extent, and if you actually show on screen those same people dying i'd imagine its harder to maintain a PG-13. Maybe i'm just too big of a Paul Verhoven fan where a character can shoot his wife in the head and say 'consider that a divorce'

For a movie so dark and visceral it's surprising how little people major characters you actually see die. One of the most disturbing deaths in TDKR happens off screen when Bane breaks daggat's neck

I think this is a positive and shows how good of a director Nonal is. (that the movie manages to be dark without resorting to graphic violence/deaths)

i agree with that to a certain extent, but if you show someone getting shot part of me thinks its actually worse not to show what the consequences of that would be like in a real life. There is something cathartic about being reminded at how gnarly a gun shot wound actually is.

i really hope Elysium receives an R. And i tried to stay away from Prometheus in this thread, but let's face it, best scene in the movie wouldn't have been possible if it was PG-13

Re: Awepittance, for sure, it's distracting when you can tell violence was edited for content; in the scene in TDK when Joker stabs dude, I had no idea what was going on due to the extremely awkward edit, it took out any impact the scene might have had.

and as always with Movie OSTs some of my favorite cues are absent from even the deluxe edition of the score :(

the music playing with Gordon is escaping from the hospital was epic, can't find it anywhere on the album

This is a major bugbear with me as well; there's always material left out.

I loved the music that played in the background during the attack on the Stock Exchange. It's almost a continuous, one-note, bass-y synth section that reminded very much of a piece of music that was on the recent Arkham City game but, alas, I've yet to hear it outside of the film.

what was the point of posting those last 3 youtube videos?

I think he's trying to say that he thinks those are better than Hans Zimmer's work. Personally i think Zimmer has really grown - his scores are awesome - not grandiose bullshit that try to overpower the scene (like all three of those examples lol). Inception - Time, especially - is understated but has just a perfect amount of impact.

TDKR score is pretty awesome - really does a great job of creating mood.

oh yes sorry i forgot we were talking about one of the most heavy dramas of the year, and not a sci-fi action film where actually those songs make a lot of sense...

i'm not yet used to this so called dark Batman...

so they survey 19 kids, and instead of coming up with results like 5 to 14 or 10 to 9, no, they come up with a percentage??? and it actually made sense in your head, you're nuts CHEN :cat:

Inception soundtrack was ace. still listen to it regularly. the little bit of the Crysis 2 soundtrack (also by Zimmer), which i heard at a friends while he played it, was nice. going to help my decision to purchase that game eventually.

Guest Pennywise

It was just too long. Needed tweaking. Everything was there for it to be a good movie but it started to bore me towards the end.

Overall I liked it.

One thing though, I just didnt understand the climbing part, and then the jump. Why jump? That wall looked exactly the same all the way up, plenty of things to grab on to. I know it's a minor detail, I just didn't get any impression from the shots that it would have been impossible to keep climbing.

Also, want the bat bike.

Also, saw 2 shots of the street my sister lives on, but they shot was away from her house.

Hans Zimmer gets way too much hate IMHO. He's written hundreds of soundtracks for godsakes. The only person i know of that has made near that many soundtracks and is always of topnotch quality is Ennio Morricone.

also, Zimmer's soundtrack for The Ring is fantastic. Shame it doesn't get a lot of recognition.

Hans Zimmer gets way too much hate IMHO. He's written hundreds of soundtracks for godsakes. The only person i know of that has made near that many soundtracks and is always of topnotch quality is Ennio Morricone.

also, Zimmer's soundtrack for The Ring is fantastic. Shame it doesn't get a lot of recognition.

Agreed, I think at some point it became cool to hate on ZImmer's soundtracks, his stuff in recent years has been great. Inception's soundtrack is beautiful, especially "Time". TDKR soundtrack wasn't bad at all either. I posted "Time" on Facebook a while back and one of my hipsterish friends replied with "Yeah, but he's a hack" I think some people have just heard that said so much now that they regurgitate opinions without basis just because someone who seemed cool said it once.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

One thing though, I just didnt understand the climbing part, and then the jump. Why jump? That wall looked exactly the same all the way up, plenty of things to grab on to. I know it's a minor detail, I just didn't get any impression from the shots that it would have been impossible to keep climbing.

so true. they couldnt make it all smooth so that little detail wouldnt annoy people with eyes?

one thing i was impressed by during those scenes is when they cut back to Bruce's dad from the first movie rescuing him when he fell down the well. Was that a re-filmed shot or did it just happen to look exactly like the prison? The cylinder looked the exact same shape. Either way the seamless of it was nice.

somehow i have a much greater appreciation for the Dark Knight after seeing this movie, i watched it again last night and i am a convert now. Two face was perhaps a little rushed but he is still frightening as fuck. Still don't love the boat standoff scene, but overall the movie is very solid and surprisingly low key compared to the other 2 batman films.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

My only issue with TDK is the sonar scene with metallic lucias fox voice over it.

Archived