IGNORED

No BoC Until 2011

Joyrex

I've had this idea floating in my head for awhile that it'd be really awesome if there was no hype or preorder for the new BoC album. As in, it just came out one day without promotional anything. You just wake up one day and see that it's on bleep and copies are being shipped to music stores.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had this idea floating in my head for awhile that it'd be really awesome if there was no hype or preorder for the new BoC album. As in, it just came out one day without promotional anything. You just wake up one day and see that it's on bleep and copies are being shipped to music stores.

You are me.

That makes no sense, in order for it to ship to music stores they'd have to take up preorders and someone working in a record store somewhere would have told the internet it was coming, at least... It's a nice thought though.

That makes no sense, in order for it to ship to music stores they'd have to take up preorders and someone working in a record store somewhere would have told the internet it was coming, at least... It's a nice thought though.

BoC fans are so paranoid now that they wouldn't know whether or not to believe it. By pre-orders I mean you can't pre-order from shops or online (like with the really any album). It's just suddenly released. Record stores, in this silly fantasy, would get it ±1 day around the day it was released on Bleep. :cisfor:

Guest Funktion

there are those of you who said this day would come. that marcus and michael would abandon us. they have forgotten who made them famous and without the support of us they can no longer continue to sit on their thrones in the hall of musical perfection. rip, my friends, rip.

im still pending excitement. I've plenty of good music to keep me going, and if they decide to come back around someday then it will be great, but no need to mull over expectations..

I had to delete it cos it pissed me off some much.

lol, i think it was meant as a piss take, chas. you fell for it and listened to it. s'why he called you an idiot.

lol. that would never happen. Warp would lose out on soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much moolar.

• 4 months later...
Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

tickles my pickle.

oh late to comment but this line got me laid. a billie holiday track was playing at a wedding. she was 70 years old.

Guest Calx Sherbet

well when it's out, the first thing i wanna hear is alcofribas's review

and i STILL stand by this

i hope they pull a radiohead move and release it like 7 or 10 days after they announce it. no time for crappy leaks, missing files, etc.

Not likely, unless it's a 'vanilla' release (no deluxe edition, alternate versions, bonus stuff, etc.). I honestly cannot see WARP (note I did not say BoC) taking the opportunity with BoC's first major release since The Campfire Headphase to do a kickass ultimate version, similar to what they did in past for Aphex Twin and Autechre.

If it wasn't for MDG, or Joyrex, we'd all be crying and whinging about the fake 3D movie and Chameleon. So stop bitching and give them a bit of credit for the updates they give us. We know it's coming anyway (new box of wonder on the site.) :emotawesomepm9: We just don't know when.

Ya know, the movie on IMDB called "3D" that apparently had one of the brothers doing the visuals and music.

Or the track by an artist called Skeptical, a massive twat who put one of his tracks (Chameleon) onto BoC's iTunes somehow. MDG told us both were a load of bs.

:facepalm:

i hope they pull a radiohead move and release it like 7 or 10 days after they announce it. no time for crappy leaks, missing files, etc.

Not likely, unless it's a 'vanilla' release (no deluxe edition, alternate versions, bonus stuff, etc.). I honestly cannot see WARP (note I did not say BoC) taking the opportunity with BoC's first major release since The Campfire Headphase to do a kickass ultimate version, similar to what they did in past for Aphex Twin and Autechre.

well they could if you could have the download while you wait for your pre-ordered package to come in. you could eliminate the fakes, the leaks, the fake leaks, the shitty quality leaks, etc. that way when you actually get your new boc album, you arent sick of it already because you burned yourself out on shitty rips/leaks or what have you.

well they could if you could have the download while you wait for your pre-ordered package to come in. you could eliminate the fakes, the leaks, the fake leaks, the shitty quality leaks, etc. that way when you actually get your new boc album, you arent sick of it already because you burned yourself out on shitty rips/leaks or what have you.

One of the dangers of a digital release preceding the physical one is the people who never intended on buying it in either format get exactly what they want and don't have to wait until someone leaks it illegally or it comes out.

One of the dangers of a digital release preceding the physical one is the people who never intended on buying it in either format get exactly what they want and don't have to wait until someone leaks it illegally or it comes out.

:facepalm:

Archived