IGNORED

No BoC Until 2011

Joyrex

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope they pull a radiohead move and release it like 7 or 10 days after they announce it. no time for crappy leaks, missing files, etc.

Not likely, unless it's a 'vanilla' release (no deluxe edition, alternate versions, bonus stuff, etc.). I honestly cannot see WARP (note I did not say BoC) taking the opportunity with BoC's first major release since The Campfire Headphase to do a kickass ultimate version, similar to what they did in past for Aphex Twin and Autechre.

well they could if you could have the download while you wait for your pre-ordered package to come in. you could eliminate the fakes, the leaks, the fake leaks, the shitty quality leaks, etc. that way when you actually get your new boc album, you arent sick of it already because you burned yourself out on shitty rips/leaks or what have you.

One of the dangers of a digital release preceding the physical one is the people who never intended on buying it in either format get exactly what they want and don't have to wait until someone leaks it illegally or it comes out.

:facepalm:

And why exactly is that a facepalm? Is it anything less than the truth? Perhaps "dangers" is not the right word... "risks" is probably more appropriate.

well those who want the deluxe package are hardcore fans only. the people who are going to steal it will regardless but at least now it's a hq version instead of people getting the wrong impression.

also it's a nice thing to do for fans who have waited awhile. 6 years in this case. if they announce tomorrow that a new boc album is coming in august, that's a hellish wait.

My friend's sister's brother in law is getting me a bootleg vhs of this, the uncut dutch release.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

If it wasn't for MDG, or Joyrex, we'd all be crying and whinging about the fake 3D movie and Chameleon. So stop bitching and give them a bit of credit for the updates they give us. We know it's coming anyway (new box of wonder on the site.) :emotawesomepm9: We just don't know when.

please use the search engine before replying -- this comment has been reiterated since 2007

well those who want the deluxe package are hardcore fans only. the people who are going to steal it will regardless but at least now it's a hq version instead of people getting the wrong impression.

also it's a nice thing to do for fans who have waited awhile. 6 years in this case. if they announce tomorrow that a new boc album is coming in august, that's a hellish wait.

indeed.

I'm sure MDG will not respond to this, but I wonder why they can't say "working on new album, spring 2011" or something likewise short and to the point?

have they decided to stop interacting with fans altogether after all the stupid things that were once routinely said? That's the only reason i can think of and it seems like a pretty harsh response.

or it's marketing.

• 2 weeks later...

They're dead. You unbelievable cunts. :cerious:

:cisfor: Seriously, just fucking chill. Surely there is other music that makes you happy in this world.

Guest Billov

:cisfor: Seriously, just fucking chill. Surely there is other music that makes you happy in this world.

:watmm:

But they may be dead! But they may be dead! cerious cerious cerious

AIeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

pah!

Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

pah!

:watmm:

The irony is bedazzling.

bedazzled_g1.jpg

I reckon we'll get a release announced for 2012, and that they're hoping the Mayan prophecy rings true so they don't have to bother.

On a more serious note though, I agree with vproc; there's so much excellent music getting made out there that peeps in here should be exploring. If BOC make a new album, then great, but until then...

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: No need to carry on with this until any Silence is broken

If you feel the reason for closing it was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

Archived