IGNORED

Gridlock, Dryft, Lorn

Guest lookie

I love these guys, I am looking for similar artists. I am a huge fan of dark electronic music, Venetian Snares, Noisia, Black Sun Empire, Etc. Any suggestions? Not really interested in dubstep unless its in the realm of something like Flux Pavilion. I also really like The Tuss, Analord & Last Step albums. I do like the new Lorn as well. Post your favorite album you consider to be dark! :emotawesomepm9:

Xanopticon is the business - check all his stuff for sure.

Scorn is an obvious choice here: in particular his albums for Hymen records, though I've only heard two of them (Greetings from Birmingham, Plan B). Those are ace though.

i can take or leave most modern Scorn as he always seems to be shooting from the same hip... but I listened to Evanescence for the first time properly they other week (not sure why, i've had Ellipsis for years) and it's absolutely cracking. Also can't recommend the Mick Harris & Mark Spybey collab Bad Roads Young Drivers highly enough either.

I have really been enjoying everything on the Transient Force label recently. Like AS1, KAN3DA, DVS NME. I really like the Ben Frost you mentioned. Xanopticon is OK, i need to listen to more, it had to grow on me but it seems just like he could learn a lot from Venetian Snares. Clark is always great.

Gridlock were great! I hardly ever hear their name mentioned anywhere, but they were one of the best industrial acts around the turn of the century.

Numb - The Language of Silence was always one of my favorite industrial albums that seemed to slip under the radar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag5cgnodVVE

All the industrial I like comes from Vancouver for some reason.

Gridlock were great! I hardly ever hear their name mentioned anywhere, but they were one of the best industrial acts around the turn of the century.

Numb - The Language of Silence was always one of my favorite industrial albums that seemed to slip under the radar:

All the industrial I like comes from Vancouver for some reason.

Holy shit I love it, yeah Gridlock is prolly my favorite artist, I tend to go that way musically, but get caught up in like Velvet Acid Christ, God Module, Flesh Field for some reason. I love those as well. But Gridlock is the perfect mix of industrial and dark glitch, dark IDM, whatever you wanna call it, but I cant find anything that really compares to the quality Gridlock has.

• 11 months later...

i can take or leave most modern Scorn as he always seems to be shooting from the same hip... but I listened to Evanescence for the first time properly they other week (not sure why, i've had Ellipsis for years) and it's absolutely cracking. Also can't recommend the Mick Harris & Mark Spybey collab Bad Roads Young Drivers highly enough either.

I've just discovered Ellipsis, it's so good.

Everyone should have this in their collection: http://www.discogs.com/Scorn-Ellipsis/master/5122

Also Ben Frost - by the throat

Yeah, this is a fantastic record, I heard it for the first time a few days ago. It's about as heavy and melancholy as electronic music ever gets --I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's feeling depressed. It's like The Road in music form.

Guest goodwillsidis

A little dubsteppy at times, but always brutal and industrial-- TERMINAL STATIC by Broken Note. Maybe In a similar vein as Noisia but way more sci fi and less ravey

Not very similar, but I got into Haujobb at the same time as Gridlock, so I kinda associate them with the same mood:

Maybe a bit more cheesy. I love Haujobb though!

I too got into both around the same time and usually thinking of one conjures the other for me. I can't really take Haujobb all that seriously any more due to the heavy cheese content, especially his more recent output, but Gridlock still holds up for me.

Forma Tadre's another artist from the same era with a similar vibe. Automate's a great album, hard to find stuff from it on youtube unfortunately:

Archived