IGNORED

Finally bought ep7 today

jeremymacgregor87

So I've been checking out all the record stores in Vancouver (as I'm new to the city and I don't care much for anything else when it's pay day and the weather is miserable). Red Cat records and Neptoon only had Oversteps and MOT; I hit the jackpot when I went to Zulu records:

Envane, Cichli Suite, Chiastic Slide, Tri Repetae, ep7, LP5, Incunabula, Amber.... basically their entire catalogue.

anyway, it was a toss up between ep7, Chiastic Slide or Envane - I decided against Envane, as I heard Goz Quarter and I found it a bit tame for my liking. Chiastic Slide.... hmmm, I've got Cipater from the Warp Routine comp so I went with my gut and bought ep7 (and the hardback version of Geogaddi!).

Fucking excellent decision!.. it fits so well between LP5 and Untilted... sharp, stabbing beats. Untilted has been my favourite ae for a while, and I didn't really know where to go from there

This is me proclaiming my love for ep7 (only on "Outpt" so far)

So I've been checking out all the record stores in Vancouver (as I'm new to the city and I don't care much for anything else when it's pay day and the weather is miserable). Red Cat records and Neptoon only had Oversteps and MOT; I hit the jackpot when I went to Zulu records:

Envane, Cichli Suite, Chiastic Slide, Tri Repetae, ep7, LP5, Incunabula, Amber.... basically their entire catalogue.

anyway, it was a toss up between ep7, Chiastic Slide or Envane - I decided against Envane, as I heard Goz Quarter and I found it a bit tame for my liking. Chiastic Slide.... hmmm, I've got Cipater from the Warp Routine comp so I went with my gut and bought ep7 (and the hardback version of Geogaddi!).

Fucking excellent decision!.. it fits so well between LP5 and Untilted... sharp, stabbing beats. Untilted has been my favourite ae for a while, and I didn't really know where to go from there

cds or records?

cds or records?

CDs, but still, it's a better selection than I've ever seen in Aus (a lot of Aphex too)

Guest Beefuncle

Just wait till you get to Dropp, fuck...

Ep7 is brilliance

Most listenable (real word?) autechre release if your not an autechre gremlin imo,

Rpeg's been my ring tone for about 3 years but I have no mates so it still makes me feel saucy. :biggrin:

Anyway, it was a toss up between ep7, Chiastic Slide or Envane - I decided against Envane, as I heard Goz Quarter and I found it a bit tame for my liking. Chiastic Slide.... hmmm, I've got Cipater from the Warp Routine comp so I went with my gut and bought ep7 (and the hardback version of Geogaddi!).

You found Envane tame? Well to be fair, that track in particular starts off relatively average, but turns into a beautiful track (maybe you didn't hear the dewey, cleansing climax to Goz Quarter?) Don't judge an Ae EP by one track. Latent Quarter, Laughing Quarter and Draun Quarter are intensely, insanely beautiful, each in their own way.

At the end of the day, it's your decision to make, and I too wouldn't have known what to do if I had not heard the releases before. But I can honestly tell you that Chiastic Slide and Envane are incredibly good releases. I chose them as my favourite Autechre releases when the "What is your favourite Ae album/EP" polls came up a while ago.

EP7 is OK, but personally, I think Chiastic Slide and Envane are the Booth's balls.

Ep7 is brilliance

Most listenable (real word?) autechre release if your not an autechre gremlin imo,

Rpeg's been my ring tone for about 3 years but I have no mates so it still makes me feel saucy. :biggrin:

lol i had an rpeg ringtone too, cheers

Is ccec the Rap thing? I loved it most as well as the last track. As well as the whole "album".

In a similar rap vein: Qtio of Brothomstates. Love it as well.

BTW, ccec: Can you native speakers understand the lyrics of it? I understand: "I got a ee ii oo aa rrr %-& -%-&-!-$-§-§--&/" :)

Is ccec the Rap thing? I loved it most as well as the last track. As well as the whole "album".

In a similar rap vein: Qtio of Brothomstates. Love it as well.

BTW, ccec: Can you native speakers understand the lyrics of it? I understand: "I got a ee ii oo aa rrr %-& -%-&-!-$-§-§--&/" :)

I don't think they're meant to be understood. It's like trying to fully understand IO. You'll get certain words here and there, but whatever they don't mean much.

EP7 feels like the more organic counterpart to the industrial noises of Chiastic Slide...

Outpt, Maphive, Pir... wow, fuck my ass whatelse...

Ep7 is brilliance

gotta say "Liccflii" made it for me, shit is so staccato it's just insanity

Liccflii and Left Blank sound very similar to me, can't quite put my finger on it but there's definetely something goin on there

on a different note, i really like the slanty egyptian sounding melody in Zeiss Contarex, and the looped voices saying something like "we don't care for (something, something) woop woop"

Archived