IGNORED

In need of more albums like HCCBU

gl0tch

I suppose I'm in one of my moods again, probably thanks in part to listening to the new Speed Dealer Moms EP.

So, I need more albums like Snares' "Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding." It doesnt have to be by VSnares though. I guess the other album by him that would come closest would be Calvacade of Glee.

Anyways, I dont want run-of-the-mill Amen type breakcore, but rather the synthy, more robotic style particular to the above releases. Whatever vibe it is that people seem to identify when they describe HCCBU as being more "autechre-ish." That's what I want.

Immediate albums that come to mind:

Xanopticon - Psicicite

I Broke My Robot - Tomorrow Does Not Exist

Puzzleweasel - ExoGrid (sort of)

Thanks in advance

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I was going to recommend datach'i earlier, but couldn't remember the name. stupid nonsensical idm pseudonyms!

Autechre's Cichlisuite complements that album very well.

Songs About My Cats.

Xanopticon- Liminal Space

While not like HCCBU, The Elements by Datach'i is fantastic. I like it more than Mmale and Ffemale, anyway.

For some reason Slow Food by Electric Company comes to mind.

8000 BC by Otto Von Schirach.

I love HCCBU and its scientific playfulness.

I think parts of Sufjan Stevens' Enjoy Your Rabbit are like HCCBU (mainly just the track below). I was surprised because I'd heard all of his other albums before it, he's a folk musician, and it came out in 2001.

Whoops! I didnt even look at the name. This shit kills. I need to have all your stuff.

I'll tell you what, this stuff is the total right combo of spastic and gangster. Mr. Braintree, this is what the doctor ordered!

:beer:

There's a whole lot more at http://williamsbraintree.bandcamp.com and it's all free. There's also a soundcloud page with some material from the newer album. I'm trying to get on a physical label at the moment, but if that doesn't work out, I'll get it pressed myself.

If you like This is Story, check out Brain Island. Some people have described it as VS meets AE.

He definitely does. I like some of it, but it really depends on his rhythm work in the track. Some of the "glitching" of his drums sticks out like a sore thumb, and sounds shit. Its like he put some of it there only because he knows how to do those effects, and wanted to prove it, not because they sounded like they should be there.

• 8 months later...

Archived