IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

On 3/26/2020 at 7:28 PM, Tim_J said:

Anyone can recommend something in this vein? I've tried mesuggah's catch 33 but it sounds too much like nu-metal... 

Put Allan Holdsworth’s Hard Hat Area into a playlist along with three of your favorite technical death metal tracks and hit shuffle, lol. 

(Sorry Fredrik, love you!)

15 hours ago, baph said:

Put Allan Holdsworth’s Hard Hat Area into a playlist along with three of your favorite technical death metal tracks and hit shuffle, lol. 

(Sorry Fredrik, love you!)

Downloading now... 

What are my favorite technical death metal bands? I'm just starting, and I only really like fredrik's work, animals as leaders, chimpspanner, which are not death/black but are math/tech and i love liturgy which is hipster bs i know... I also like it when devin does it but I'm an ignorant regarding this matter... Oh and psudoku but i got tired really fast, production is shit, guess on purpose but it fucks with your ears... 

Edited by Tim_J

The Obsidian Floyd of the black metal scene. Love how much variety these guys seem to have in their sound and they do a good job of building the atmosphere and intensity. 

• Like 2

I listened to Death's Scream Bloody Gore album last night.  Evil Dead was a standout for me.  Kind of hilarious how sloppy the drums are in the intro (Lars, is that you?), but great tune nevertheless.

Sorry, I realize this is like posting about Nevermind the Bullocks in a punk thread.  C'est la vie.  :catsob:

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, Tim_J said:

btw guys i'm trying to find a song which the video was kind of some guys in lumberjack shirts and they were next to a wood shack in the hoods headbanging... it was heavy and fun... can't really recall more than this... but it was definitely posted here on watmm, probably in this thread...

found it... :^) no lumberjack shirts but there's a lumberjack and an wood shack... close enough...

• Like 2