IGNORED

chipotle

Guest weed

i remember an lol moment that involved tijuana flats... the girl asked me if i'd like some "KAYSO" and i looked at her a little confused, then she said "that's spanish for cheese!"

whenever i go into a spanish/mexican/latin restaurant I never bother to speak the Spanish. Pretty sure it comes off as patronizing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is such an American thread, and I dont mean that in any sort of offense. But I hope all Americans realise that most European people only know Chipotle from that South Park episode, at least most people I know.

i remember an lol moment that involved tijuana flats... the girl asked me if i'd like some "KAYSO" and i looked at her a little confused, then she said "that's spanish for cheese!"

whenever i go into a spanish/mexican/latin restaurant I never bother to speak the Spanish. Pretty sure it comes off as patronizing.

On the contrary, when I say an offhand ni how ma or sie sie nin at my local Chinese joints, they break out into smiles and congratulate me on my pronunciation. They still probably say "stupid round eye!" when I leave but whatevs...better than yelling at them because I think they can't understand me or asking for the "Ching Chong Kitty Special".

I felt so badly for my favorite local. The health department has to investigate any claims made by people, which sucks for many reasons. The only complaint my local had was an investigation after someone said they saw a "dog paw" get rolled into an eggroll. This place has a wide open kitchen and is cleaner than probably any business or home kitchen in this city. You can watch them follow protocol at every step--veg. stored away from meat, separate bowls used for each when delivering to the wok, all chemicals clearly labeled, bathroom spotless, etc. You don't even have to ask about hot hold or cold hold because every meal you get is blatantly nuclear fresh. The inspection found as much but it still made me embarrassed of my redneck shithole town.

sure, that makes sense if the people become familiar with you as a return patron...but most of these places around here, white guys=shallow motherfucker with a fat wallet, but doesn't hesitate to talk down to you in a half-assed version of your native tongue. ive confirmed as much with some guatemalans i worked with a while back.

and oddly enough, ive never had the runs from chipotle...just a lot of corny poos.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I speak fake french. gotta keep 'em on their toes.

I'm all over Castro's and Tacqueria el Fogon in BK but

I definitely don't like it enough to make a thread about it though... just enough to post in one.

this is how i feel about chipotle's burritos. sooo on point.

I love Chipotle, however as good as it is, my favorite place like that where I'm at is this place called Moe's. Mostly because in addition to all the stuff on the line Chipotle has, Moe's also has cilantro, black olives and tofu as an option instead of meat. I am a crazy meat eater but their tofu with some olives, cilantro and spicy ranch dressing is seriously good. It's right next to the theatre down the street so I usually eat there before a movie.

this is such an American thread, and I dont mean that in any sort of offense. But I hope all Americans realise that most European people only know Chipotle from that South Park episode, at least most people I know.

You're right and Chipotle-Away is no joke. South Park lampooned it because we all use it and go to Chipotle anyway like a diabetic injecting insulin to eat a bag of sweets

:emotawesomepm9:

:emotawesomepm9:

Nawh I just meant that from the episode, Chipotle sounds like an awful place to eat. But since most people here like it, it mustn't be that bad.

I love Chipotle, however as good as it is, my favorite place like that where I'm at is this place called Moe's. Mostly because in addition to all the stuff on the line Chipotle has, Moe's also has cilantro, black olives and tofu as an option instead of meat. I am a crazy meat eater but their tofu with some olives, cilantro and spicy ranch dressing is seriously good. It's right next to the theatre down the street so I usually eat there before a movie.

yo are you talking about uncle moe's near union square? that shit is BANGING

edit: nvm, i see moe's is a chain. this place is sweet if you're in nyc http://unclemoesnyc.com/

Guest disparaissant

of the chains, I prefer qdoba and moes over chipotle. plus I think mcdonalds owns chipotle which is just gross.

yeah i like qdoba more, as well. for faux-mexican, at least. for real mexican there's a really good place called taqueria mi lindo jalisco that is dirt cheap and just sooo much better. don't get there very often though as everyone i know seems to hate cilantro and they just pile it on.

fuckin love cilantro.

Guest disparaissant

of the chains, I prefer qdoba and moes over chipotle. plus I think mcdonalds owns chipotle which is just gross.

just for the record, qdoba is owned by jack in the box.

oh dear, now there's a conundrum. support mcdonalds, or support an overtly christian fast food chain?

i'll go with the latter, i mean it's not like it's chik-fil-a with their donations to focus on the family or whatever. ugh. fuckin chik-fil-a. so delicious, yet so fucking terrible for humanity.

I think Micky D's dumped Chipotle from their portfolio a few years back.

Every time I'm forced to go to in-n-out I have to scroll a 666 over the John 3:16s on the underside of the cups.

Just to even things out.

i love moes because you can put queso in your burrito there, among other thigns. it's way better than chipotle and qdoba.

good god i fucking love moes, i havent been there in a while but its my absolute favorite out of all those kinds of places

I love Chipotle. I lived in San Francisco's Mission District for a summer and it really doesn't compare but it's consistent and uses fresh ingredients. For some reason most Mexican in Manhattan is shite, at least that I've found, so it's a welcome respite when I need my fix.

Can't take the place anymore. don't like any of the tastes and they all got old fast. That chain got so big because McDonald's owned them for the longest time and expanded it. although hate Chipotle - love McDonald's. go figure.

i guess of the fresh Mexican chains i'm more a Rubio's patron, but i'm not really a fan of any of them especially that shit house Baja Fresh. Have never eaten a single good thing there.

its a ripoff compared to taco bvell :facepalm:

Fuck, I love Taco Bell so much. Cheap as free and I can substitute beans for meat in any order. I don't have one in my town.

My neighboring city has 4 Taco Johns and 1 Taco Bell. My town has a Taco Johns. Wtf? Johns is shit.

Archived