IGNORED

Ready

Guest theSun

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theSun

listening too hard imo

redfall is a song i immediately thought was stupid twinkly shit. one day it got in my head and turned to awesome. rest of the album made more sense afterwards.

songs like treale, known1, 0=O (or vice fucking versa), and yuop really bring home the baecon for me.

also y7, m62 and rew1 of course are awesomechre.

how can you fucks not be satisfied with cep puiqmx? that track is utter destruction. those synths are pretty cheesy but they're pretty huge. then it cuts off and you're drooling at the mouth jerking your wang and slamming your face into your chicken fajitas. if i was ae i'd be like fuck you cunts lol

I'm getting sick of watching my favourite IDM artists one by one descend into mundane poppy crap. First it was Squarepusher, then it was BoC, and now Clark with the utter disaster idiotphillic.

maybe they wanted a challenge, instead of releasing the same album over and over? i don't understand the boc reference, tch doesn't sound much different from the rest of their output. unless i'm not paying attention to the backwards samples or whatever

I'm getting sick of watching my favourite IDM artists one by one descend into mundane poppy crap. First it was Squarepusher, then it was BoC, and now Clark with the utter disaster idiotphillic.

maybe they wanted a challenge, instead of releasing the same album over and over? i don't understand the boc reference, tch doesn't sound much different from the rest of their output. unless i'm not paying attention to the backwards samples or whatever

seriously?

Guest theSun

if there's any precedent, it's that whatever they do won't be predictable by us assholes.

that said, :cisfor: i do think cep is a peak into it. 6852 seems like a one off track of rob messing with their new system, perhaps tsa1 is sean? i do want more driving, intricate percussion, i just hope they get a little more groove into the next album.

how can you fucks not be satisfied with cep puiqmx? that track is utter destruction. those synths are pretty cheesy but they're pretty huge. then it cuts off and you're drooling at the mouth jerking your wang and slamming your face into your chicken fajitas. if i was ae i'd be like fuck you cunts lol

lol! i love that track and i seriously hope it's a direction they go further in. the percussion sounds like exactly what i always want to hear out of everything.

seriously?

To my ears, their gimmick is mostly hiphop beats over the top of ripoffs of Cluster's synth melodies, so yeah I'm serious.

oh but oh my god how dare they use a guitar in that one song

seriously?

To my ears, their gimmick is mostly hiphop beats over the top of ripoffs of Cluster's synth melodies, so yeah I'm serious.

Yeah, this is how I came to view BoC after getting into Cluster, but I still like both bands.

seriously?

oh but oh my god how dare they use a guitar in that one song

it's not even about their use of guitars. The tracks from Trans Canada Highway EP use less guitar stuff, yet it still sounds just as soulless and lifeless as The Campfire Headphase. Both releases have a very similar timbre to them, likely they were both mastered very similarly. And this is before I've even mentioned that The Campfire Headphase blatantly makes use of digital synths (there are very obvious Elektron Machinedrum handclaps all over that album).

READY FFS

Is this thread in the phase where we all say "ready" to show that we're ready for new 'chre? If so, I'd like to second the sentiment.

Ready.

Maybe we should do another synchronized listening experiment. Last time they announced or released a new album like a month after the experiment. Can't remember exactly how the timing worked out but I seem to remember Oversteps either was announced or released soon after the listening experiment ended.

thehauntingsoul, I'd be totally up for another sync. Anyone else interested?

The way I see it, Ae tend to release four albums in a certain style before moving on with a dramatic change. Just take a look at this:

Incunabula > Amber > Tri Repetae > Chiastic Slide

Then a sudden change in style, with four albums progressing from it:

LP5 > Confield > Draft 7.30 > Untilted

Notice how, in each row of albums, there is a progression. Incunabula had a distinctive style, which evolved into the soulful, ambient mood of Amber. This gave way to the intense, sonic sounds of Tri Repetae before culminating in the

No, what the fuck? I'm not even gonna finish this post.

sie>

Eidetic Casein has a dark contrast

~~~~

So if 6852 is anything to go by, the new album should be great.

Archived